Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
I would rather be riding my R1
6 Posts
I am also haveing the problem with the front tire washing out. I am going about 15 mph leaning over the front (maybe not far enough), applying some front brake(maybe to much) gassing it(maybe to much or not enough) feathering the cluth(maybe to fast or to slow). Anyone else have this problem and work it out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
i get it! i always skidded the front trying to do these, but i found the right brake pressure feel and the aggressive gas/clutch needed. 1st 5mph, today several over 50, (shouldn't have done that with a car behind me, i glanced back and saw this guy emerge from a blinding cloud of smoke. now over 80mph in 2nd! had several front slides doing this, could have gone bad, i went back over the roads and saw lots of thin darkies from the front. be careful when learning this, let go of the brake if it feels funny.

·
working on that new bike
4,597 Posts
rkleber2002 said:
When I do my rollin burnouts my front tire slips out from under me. What am I doing wrong? And when I do these I am standing up leaning forward but the front tire still wants to slip out. Some one help me. Also need help with wheelies I can do a 1st gear wheelie until I redline but can't figure out how to shift. Every time I shift "no clutch" the front end just falls. Thanks.

you gotta blip your throttle. dont take the bike all the way to redline. put foot against shifter and press up, blip the throttle, when letting off the gas the bike will shift and you will continue on you way. i do this same method at the dragstrip and saved me some tenths on the timeslip. my buddy rides this way when stuntin so i kno it works.
P.S. try using second for wheelies feels better(2 me)and they stay up longer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
d208, (what's left of it now!) would be easier with touring rubber, but i would die trying riding w/ my buddy on his 03 r6. just went one tooth down in front yesterday and 1st gear rollers w/ bald tires happens just getting on the throttle. getting another d208 sat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
btw- my friend said my back tire was coming off the groud when i put pressure on the front brake to start the 2nd gear (clutched) roller @ 80-85mph(indicated)

·
working on that new bike
4,597 Posts
80-85?! holy sheit man!!
i do that closer to 60-70 and push the bars!!
damn near got popped today tho by sheriffs officer!! watch out!! they are after us!! i bailed and took off!!
i found 6500 rpm works really well for me and i weigh in about a 165-175(depends on beer consumption the nite before!!)
i personally dont like running hi speed wheelies as theres no real control left. kinda freaks me out but then im old!! haha:confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
"Just be carfull when doing those burn outs if you panic your bike will look like Shit !"

AN R-1 NEVER LOOKS LIKE SHIT ........THEY JUST DEVELOP PERSONALITY AND LIKE A SCRAP BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS CARRY THOSE MEMORIES WITH YOU TO SHOW YOUR FRIENDS!!

·
HighRider
699 Posts
Maxxym,

Standing ones are pretty easy, just make sure you

1: Try to preload/compress the fork then grab the front brake tight, don't want it flying away.
2: Don't sit on the bike
3: Keep it between your legs
4: Put it in gear and then bring the revs up slowly don't just yam on it and the wheel will spin and then the smoke begins.

Then I'm sure if you apply what everyone else says you will have a rolling burnout before you know it.

·
R1s R best
71 Posts
Tyres are really expensive here in NZ. $300 for a rear and $230 for a front. Mind you i like Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa because of the grip so dont mind paying the extra cause a set o dunlop D208 are only $20 each cheaper. "You gotta pay if you want to play".

·
Registered
90 Posts
burn out

Sweet, Ill need to try that.

Cg156 said:
So I hate the stock dunlops on the R1, so I learned rolling burnouts last night....first gear tho... get up to about 30 mph and two finger the clutch and two finger the front brake...give it some throttle and some front brake and let out some clucth....it will get to a point where the tire will just break loose...its actually really smooth... sorry just psyched that I learned these... :rock

Oh yeah...stand upon the pegs and learn over the front to unweight the rear....that is kinda key too!! :p

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
75 Participants
filly
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing