Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
That was there when i got it.
166 Posts
i did my first rolling burn this weekend. it wasn't much to be honest... but ya gotta start somehwhere.

·
My R1 belongs to someone else!
484 Posts
just go like 20 or so and start giving more gas as you give more front brake and can even give a slight jerk on the front brake to take weight off of back tire to get it started but once you get it going just use enough front brake to keep the bike att he speed you want it and you can steer them and make them slide sideways, pretty fun

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I was learning I found it easier to wet the pavement in one spot roll over it and pull the brake alittle while still moving and let her rip. Got used to balance and control really quick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did a rollin one today. It was to easy on my R1. Thing is once it broke loose and started to roll I think I let the brake out a tad bit to much and she started fish tailing side to side. I didn't loose her though any tips?

·
10 Posts
Well this is all some really good info. So now I can go Jack up my stock dunlops and go get some new michelin pilot powers to ride the mountain with. thanks all

·
2015 Black R1
123 Posts
mrmike_316 said:
When I was learning I found it easier to wet the pavement in one spot roll over it and pull the brake alittle while still moving and let her rip. Got used to balance and control really quick.
okay you got lucky dude.. dont EVER do that.. I had my feet over the windsheild and was sitting on the tank and was spinning the back tire and hit a wet patch bcz of trees and it slipped out from under me.. didn't feel nice.. trust me.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
people are talking about not using the clutch....how do you go about it?

just put enought weight on the front and use a little brake and give it gas and it will break loose or what?

·
See Ya On ONE Wheel!!!
4 Posts
Steer into it, kinda like a controled slide. Keep the RPM's down, but enough to keep it spinning. I personally use the clutch to get it going.....But I think it works eitehr way.....Deffinately a great way to kill a back tire or two getting it down good. I usually wait till I am ready to replace mine and then spend a few weeks working on this trick. The Guys on the videos make it look easy, but getting control of it is the KEY!!

·
See Ya On ONE Wheel!!!
4 Posts
From the Video's you are doing pretty good, I never start from a stand still, I slow to 5mph or so, and tap the front break and ease the clutch out and give it some gas to get her spinning and don't speed up much from there..... I usually do some circles try to learn the control part of it......Keeping the rear wheel spinning at a constant speed seems to help alot, and slow. I have tried it fast and its like riding with the back tire on ICE. I always stand up and lean over the front wheel.....But I also prefer stand-up wheelies....More control for taking curves and changing lanes.......Its just what you are comfortable with....... Nice Video!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
learned ir and found the easyest way tho had a problem...the front tire was always sliding away so dont u try to do this stuff with a empty tank :D u have to give more waight to the front thats all so...

1st u have to be rooling about 10km-h
2nd stand uu about 10 15cm from ur siting position
3d pull in the brake abit
4th give thorotle
5th let some clutch out.

Done u succeded a rooling burnout ;)

riding a r1 2000 with small mods :) like AP brake pads with some carbon in it or something...best brakes ever saved ma fckin life maby 10-20 times :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
update:today was a rly lucky day :D i was trainning the rolling burnout again with a empty tank :D its posible to do the burnouts ofcourse but u need to put a bit more waight to the front or the bike becomes unstable SOOO tryed to make the burnout and the front sliped rly hard to the left sidely i was able to let go the front brake and the tire got the grip again so it sliped to the right i hited the mirror with my helm and then the front tire touched the "bordstone" so it stabalazed the bike and i crusched a bit my balls :D damn that was kinda hard to drive home with the pain...so u all stunners be carefull with this better PUSH THE BRAKES MORE and more WAIGHT to the front...coz crashing a bike withought a cage aint funny...btw i have holidays so im thinking to make me a crash cage and the 12oclock thingy...just need to find who could do that :) or maby anyone sells something?

·
2014 R1 Im Back...
110 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAjQh_q9MY
when i first started...notice the mild off/on squeezing of the front brake....

..and no helmet, boots, leathers..blah blah blah...:nopity:

you dont have to go fast at all, in fact you can start at a dead stop if u cruise along at 10 mph, then slowly squeeze front brake so it dips like said before so all weight shifts, then slip clutch out...and pray..lol

sory if repeating, didnt read other posts...

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
75 Participants
filly
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing