Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
22,029 Posts
resurrection, i did a standstill burnout at bikenite. I know it's not a roller but gotta start somewhere.

·
My R1 just ate something.
93 Posts
any tips on keeping the arse end straight?
Steer into it, kinda like a controled slide.
so when the rear moves to the right, you steer to the right too? do you shift your weight at all, like o the bars or pegs? how do you recover if it goes too far? and how do you finish it, just ease off the gas or clutch in?

just trying to get my head around it before i give it a go... i read the thread and it sounds simple enough but i really dont want to bin it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question. Just picked up my 1st R1. "Heard" they are hard on clutch baskets so don't do burnouts. Any Comments, suggestions, or opinions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did one this morning for about 1/8 of a mile...didnt mean too but guess I rolled through some water somewhere on the way out of the gas station...lmao:boobies

·
Registered
65 Posts
What about *peeling out*? Like when coming out of a driveway or anywhere and just burning it? no front brake and from a roll?

·
Bap Bap BaaAAP!!
138 Posts
rolling burn outs at 60 ay...................

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
75 Participants
filly
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing