Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
My bike and I R1
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did this on my Yamaha but anyone can use the info to wire a single filament bulb or LED's as both running lights and turn signals. I first used this method on an R6 then on my 600RR and now on my R1.

HERE'S HOW, YOU'LL NEED TWO STANDARD BOCSH STYLE RELAYS (ONE FOR EACH SIDE) (or a DEI lock relay with both relays built in, but if you had access to that you probably wouldn't need this write up :lol)

Here's the outcome! :

:rock:fork:rock

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
Nice……
Do you have any ideas for a total stealth mode (no lights anywhere including the brake light) relay, working off 1 switch?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did this on my Yamaha but anyone can use the info to wire a single filament bulb or LED's as both running lights and turn signals. I first used this method on an R6 then on my 600RR and now on my R1.

HERE'S HOW, YOU'LL NEED TWO STANDARD BOCSH STYLE RELAYS (ONE FOR EACH SIDE) (or a DEI lock relay with both relays built in, but if you had access to that you probably wouldn't need this write up :lol)

:rock:fork:rock

nice dude, thnx for the tip..........:fork

·
My bike and I R1
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem guys.

As for running all of your lights on one master switch I would have to look into it but I imagine that with a little re-wiring you could install a master switch, basically combining the different circuits into one running on a bigger fuse and one switch. I'd check at the fuse box first, cut the lines coming out of there for each circuit the splice them together with a single fused line and switch. Make sure you test everything as you go along. Hope that helps.

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
Having a master switch with a relay and or fuse back-up that turns all the lights on or off and plays (nice) with the rest of the electrics is cause for celebration! :secret: :thumbup

·
Registered
170 Posts
So to clarify, I can use the existing wires from the running lights for everything except the turn signal input correct?

If I splice into the turn signal input wire to run the running lights will the existing turn signals still work?

Thanks for your help!

·
My bike and I R1
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Having a master switch with a relay and or fuse back-up that turns all the lights on or off and plays (nice) with the rest of the electrics is cause for celebration! :secret: :thumbup
I gave some thought to the whole master lighting switch question. I would put the switch on the ground side of the lights, basically interrupt the negative wire at each bulb. No need for relays or to mess with your fuses at all. If I ever decide to do this I'll post up the info, and if anyone else gets inspired to go it, they should feel free to share. :rock

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
About this Discussion
143 Replies
60 Participants
ChriR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing