Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, DemonRider, has sent his pipes to me to wrap and return.

The parts showed up today.

All the tension springs arrived.

Everything in perfect order, no dents, no scratches (oh and for the smart asses, eff off, I'm a father, I have kids.)

Back together. The bastards that removed the pipes collaped the headers to fit into the packing box, but mate of mine is removing his headers tonight so tomorrow we can install yours on his R1 Mario, so don't worry they will be "right" all you'll need to do is bolt them back on to your bike.

I'm bringing some Carbon Fibre polish home from work, cuz you're CB is flithy. I'll put the tin in the box on it's return. The pipe box you'll get your gear back in will be the box a HELLFIRE missile comes in hahahahahah!

All the "bits" to do the job.

That's me dinner.

Oh, and Dude, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! YOU DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT. I WAS JUST HELPING YOU OUT. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT.

BTW. You can't have it back.... :lol

I'll start the wrap in the morning mate. You wrap will need to soak for a while so that as it dries it'll tighten up. DON'T WORRY WHEN IT SMOKES when it's back on your bike, or if you want I can ask Benji if he'd mind if we burn them in on his bike.

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything laid out for the job of wrapping the pipes. The rubber gloves it to keep the wrap off my hands, and to stop the itching from the fibers.

The Razor blades are to clean up the off cuts.

The Coat hanger is needed to add/remove the springs easily.

The exhaust is not tension free and ready to be pulled apart to wrap the pipes.

Wrap the pipes the first time, losely, so that you get the measure of the amount needed to complete a pipe.

Once you've do it you then drop the wrap into a bucket of water. Leave the wrap in the water for a good 5 mins so that it's wet through. This will help "tighen" the wrap as it dries.

Once you've done a loose wrap on all the pipes mark them and lay them on the ground so you know which goes with which. It'll make it easier in the end.

Just drop the wrap in the bucket like below.

Wrap from top (engine end) to the tail. Every third of forth wrap, really give the tape a hard squeeze like you're giving if a "chinese burn". Continue the whole way to the bottom of the pipe.

Head end of the pipe.

Pipes 1 & 2 complete, but still wet, tomorrow after it's dry I'll spray it with the "High Temp" paint.

Just lining the pipes up on an 08 head I had laying about.

Tomorrow I'll finish the rest of the pipes ready for return Monday.

Headers complete.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,435 Posts
pizza!!

·
my R1 gets me high!
614 Posts
Guys just a suggestion - get rid of those ugly clamps and use safety wire. It can hardly bee seen once you twist it. Looks so much better....:sneaky

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's finished now. Unbelievably my Telstra internet connection at home has died. I'll post pics when I can. The pipes are packed and ready for pickup tomorrow to resend to Mario tomorrow.

·
I hate Iraq
2,481 Posts
How noticable is the difference after covering them?

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

And, that, my friends, is job done!

Mario Ol' Son, they are back in the box waiting for your dude to pick them up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.