Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Speed & Style
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's something that worries me all the time. Please share how and where your bike was stolen and if any precaution was taken, such as locking the steering (I heard it helps). Just trying to learn from others mistakes so I don't make it myself.

·
RIP scott white 11-9-02
1,120 Posts

·
NO fat ChIcKs
292 Posts
Got the tile done on the front door entrance of one of my investment properties, so I couldn't bring it in while the grout was wet . I got there at about 3:am. locked the wheel and slept in the living room. Not a bad neighborhood at all, but low and behold the next morning POOF.

Got a 99 for a good price right after that and since then the ONE has never spent a single night outside again... :no

·
GO !!!!!!!
422 Posts
My bike was stolen on the 7th of this month, It was parked outside my apartment, it was steering locked & had a bike cover on it, the last time I saw it was the night before 7:30 pm after I got back from work, Anyways when I woke up next morning, She was gone, The place I had it parked was spotless, I was in complete shock, Thought I had lost my sight or something, I was in tears, I had less than 2000 miles on it & it 4 months old, So anyways next thing was to call the police & the insurance company, By the way they have not found anything yet. State farm said they are gonna wait 25 days from the stolen date for police to locate it. After that, They will consider it totalled & setttle my claim, Thats my story I did not have any extra lock beside the steering lock I dont really know if an extra lock would have helped cuz the police say that three big guys could have picked it up & put it on the truck bed & took off. We dont know its anybodys guess, It could have been hotwired who knows. Bottom line is keep your bike out of site like behind the apartment complex if you live in one or chain to a tree or your car or get a good alarm system its worth it. I know am gonnna get one when I get a another bike

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
It was lifted from behind my work, guys picked it up and tossed it in the back of a pick-up. Now I find it parted out on ebay. Nice, eh?

·
Do I really need a title
1,107 Posts
My -01 GSXR1000 was stolen from the infield of the Daytona international speedway at Biketoberfest of 02. It was parked with about 1000 other bikes and mine was the chosen one. I reported to the police who happend to be parked about 50 yards away from where my bike was parked. He asked me what color my bike was, when I responded with black he said they are chasing a black bike right now. Needless to say, they terminated the chase and my bike was found in a garage in Daytona about 3 or 4 months later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts