Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Mike and i am the proud new owner of a 2nd hand 2005 Blue YZF-R1 and i love it! I picked her up with 9,000mi. It came with a graves y-pipe, graves cans a PCIII and a new set of Pilot Power Rub's. In the last few weeks i have added an Ohlins stock location Damper, pazzo levers, shogun slider kit, Intergrated Tail light w/sig's and front flush mount sig's, and a GYTR Filter. The thing was popping really bad when i got out of the gas so i installed a set of Graves block off plates and removed the Air pump and the popping is now GONE! I also gave it one of my "HOT MAPS". I have been riding big bore Suzukis for years and this is my first litre bike. Its taking some getting used to esp after riding my busa for the last few years and when i switch back and fourth it still throws me off a little bit. I wanted to know how to set the shift light and googled it and this forum had the answer. I found the answer to every other question i googled in this forum as well so needless to say i thought it was a good one to join. I ride dirt and street and have quite a few bikes and also do all my own work with exception of machineing. I have wanted an R1 since i saw one in 2000 but it just never worked out. Plus i do a lot of dual riding with my fiance so i needed a bike that worked well with a passenger and the busa served that purpose. I was lucky enough to be able to keep both bikes and now have a difficult decision to make every morning (weather permiting) when i walk out to the garage. I havent bought a manual yet so keep an eye out for me on here! The Oil change is comming up, i like motul synth blend for the busa whats good for the R1? :hammer:

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Welcome to the board. Congrats on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ride safe...

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Graves is awesome! They are really close to me and im heading over there to pic up a plate bracket next week + they sent me all kinds of stickers free of charge when i needed a new one for one of my cans. Best sounding system IMHO. Super Nice guys, customer support is A++.

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
Welcome, it sounds as though you had the same thoughts as I did. I rode dirt since I was a kid. Got laid up for a few years then bought my Busa, 06' built the shit out of it and rode it for a year then decided i wanted a liter bike as well. Did the research, read everything on this site and went for the R1. Can't seem to ride it enough:sneaky

I found the handling to be the biggest thing to get used to, how it acts in the turns mostly. Did the whole shift light thing thanks to the guys on this site as well. Finally got it broken in last Sunday and MAN I loved it:) Between 10k and the big red-------- there is nothing like it:jump :jump

Enjoy!!!!

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i knew i always wanted the R1 but the final straw was trying to chase down my riding buddies who all ride R1's up in angelas crest on my busa. Its just too big to be a cyn bike. Its great for long tandem rides and mind blowing power whenever you want it BUT, the R1 is just so much easier to ride in the twisties plus the flickability factor is insane! The ohlins damper really gave the bike a nice solid feel, it almost feels like im cheating ;), the stock damper was pointless!

·
Sportin Pimp Glasses
2,406 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.