Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SoooooPra~
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everybody! I just found this forum and glad that i have found it! I do not own a R'1 or even a sports bike but the R'1 has been my favorite bike ever since 99/00. Just saying hello to all of you and sooner or later i will get a R'1. One thing, My freind has been wanting a R'1 for long time and is financially backed up now. He wanted a 2000 model blue R'1 so bad..i doubt it but is it possible for him to get it? and also, its going to be his first bike...ne precautions rather than dont get the bike and go easy on it? Any Input would be appreciated guys!

P.S
You guys into sports cars at all? B/C the only reason i am not buying the R'1 yet is B/C i am picking up my supra pretty soon..just one more thing..I am in the US where are most of you guys in?
-Thanks=)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Though I said it in another thread I'll say it again, Welcome! :D As for precautions take a look around at some of the other threads. Several people have asked the same thing. Check it out. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=128

Not sure if it is possible to find a 2000 R1 or not. I know you can't around here. They are gone in a heart beat. I know some people still have them in there local dealer.

That's excellent you are picking up a Supra! I know a buddy of mine who had one. Black, very sweet!

As for my location, I'm right here next to you in PA. :D We look forward to chatting with ya! Again, welcome! :rock

·
R1 Freak
5 Posts
Yeah,
I have to agree. LTDR1Ryder you are a great asset to the board. You seem to be very good at making people feel welcome here.

I view alot more than I have posted but hope to change that since the weather is getting colder and drag racing season is over. (with my car)

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
778 Posts
Welcome!

When I first saw your post header "I'm a new guy' - I thought you were telling us you had a sex change or something! :D

And yes - I'm into sports cars. I have a Dodge Stealth for my cage drive. They only made them from 91-96. (Still make the Mitsubishi 2000 that is basically the same car.)

BUT...No car will EVER compare to riding a Supersport bike. I'm a biker first and foremost. If I could only choose one toy - it would be a bike!

BS.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks man. I appreciate it! :D

Jason Hunter said:
Yeah,
I have to agree. LTDR1Ryder you are a great asset to the board. You seem to be very good at making people feel welcome here.

I view alot more than I have posted but hope to change that since the weather is getting colder and drag racing season is over. (with my car)

Thanks,

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.