Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOHOOO!!!!
After the big bike show in Stockholm, late January (24-27), I'm going to head down to southern France and attend at a 1 week track meet, instead of the Spain trip. We will be about 5-7 guys with our own bikes..

This will be SO awesome! :cool: :yesnod

I'll leave you all in this terrible Winter all by yourself freezing your butts off :D :D :D

Finally something to look forward to :crash

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh.. dude! Didn't think that far. Anyone here got spare tires that I can take with me on the trip incase I have to switch.. for free cuz I'm out of money .. or VERY cheap. :p

I currently have Pirelli Dragon Supercors (front) and a Bridgestone BT56 (back)...

The front tire is GREAT.. but the back tire is a bit slippery....

· Really?
208 Posts
Out of money? How are you going to get to the south of France? How are you going to buy the little, but important things in life, like food? Where will you sleep? I have a set of Bridgestone BT58SS, but they´re not free or even that cheap. I offered them to Bergman for 3000 kronor, but he didn´t want them. They´re yours for 2500:-. That´s cheap, but probably not as cheap as you want.

58 Posts
Swedie said:
Oh.. dude! Didn't think that far. Anyone here got spare tires that I can take with me on the trip incase I have to switch.. for free cuz I'm out of money .. or VERY cheap. :p

I currently have Pirelli Dragon Supercors (front) and a Bridgestone BT56 (back)...

The front tire is GREAT.. but the back tire is a bit slippery....
If it is a good organizer, then you will have tire service at the track days. Anyhow, tires will probably be cheaper in France than in Sweden.

Try to get rid of your BT56. It is not the state-of-the-art for your R1. Take BT10 instead (just an example).

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. Correction. I'm not totally out of money.. i still got money for food and this month rent.. but THEN I'm out of money. Oh well

I hope it's like you say Northlander. it probably is.
I can probably do with a pair of older tires (which are not down right bad/completed)

What does these BTxx <-- xx mean?

· Really?
208 Posts
They are just model designations. Like "Dragon" or "Hi-Sport". Northlander meant BT010, which is the new standard tire for road use. The BT58SS´s I have are designed for track use, as in light weight, little tread, pointy, and I mean POINTY profile. Should make the R1 steer real quick.

· the old ONE
334 Posts
Hey Swedie!!!!!!!!
Congratulation, this trip is very nice.:rock
Eat nothing, it´s the best for weight and money.
Dont forget to send us pics before, during and
after the france to spain race.
Dont forget the sungoogles and the dark,dark
visor.(The girls love it when you are the great
unknown Mystic):boobies :cool: :boobies

And now the bad news:
There is snow :machinegu

Nordie meens Bridgestones BT 010

Take them all!!!!!!!!!!!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.