Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Venom X/O
25,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, I took a shot at one of the four stools I’m trying to make. I’m not very good, but this is my third attempt getting the top to fit in the barrel. The problem with the VP barrel is the top of it has a rolled seam so if the cushion is too short, the barrel lip cuts off circulation to your legs. So instead I’ve doubled the foam and pulled the pleather tighter, seems to work well.

I may consult a company to try a stool top just to see if there’s a difference, only problem is the lid is 13.75” and no stool tops are that size so it would have to be custom.

Automotive tire Flooring Floor Tin Gas

8,749 Posts
But, I took a shot at one of the four stools I’m trying to make. I’m not very good, but this is my third attempt getting the top to fit in the barrel. The problem with the VP barrel is the top of it has a rolled seam so if the cushion is too short, the barrel lip cuts off circulation to your legs. So instead I’ve doubled the foam and pulled the pleather tighter, seems to work well.

I may consult a company to try a stool top just to see if there’s a difference, only problem is the lid is 13.75” and no stool tops are that size so it would have to be custom.

View attachment 1021720
I’ve been wanting to do this, in fact I called my local shops to see if they had left over cans. I’ll show you a nice motul one Saturday when I go grab them forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts

View attachment 1021720
Don’t sell yourself short…with a little more practice you could be a professional female sewing champ!

·
Venom X/O
25,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been wanting to do this, in fact I called my local shops to see if they had left over cans. I’ll show you a nice motul one Saturday when I go grab them forks.

I got the idea from the Shop down here. Eric has three Motul barrels that are converted into stools.

·
Venom X/O
25,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mostly give comments about your wife but you deserve the spotlight today.

Not a bad! Maybe make a bigger base to cover the lip?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Only problem with that was there wouldn’t be any center support, so I was worried about the stool bases breaking over time. I’ll figure something. If I could get the base to sit perfectly it would look better, but I’m not sewing piping into the top and skirting the sides of the cushions like Ruben posted on the Motul barrels. I don’t even own a sewing machine.

·
Venom X/O
25,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These were given to the shop when they surpass something like 10k in sales. I’ve seen them for sale privately, still looking.

That’s exactly what Eric has at the shop. Those exact stools. Where I got my idea when I was picking up cans for Barber during the MotoA round this year. Figured I could make them cheaper than buying them since VP deposits are $40 per can. I still have three cans to make stools, so this can is my Guinea pig

8,749 Posts
That’s exactly what Eric has at the shop. Those exact stools. Where I got my idea when I was picking up cans for Barber during the MotoA round this year. Figured I could make them cheaper than buying them since VP deposits are $40 per can. I still have three cans to make stools, so this can is my Guinea pig
Your stools look good, keep going!!

·
Venom X/O
25,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have the cover/top or is it open? Seat attached to plywood cutout and bolt seat to cover from underside would be strong...and could make for storage too.
The top is solid to support the butt. I have a new use for a cover, got something working. I don’t want to cut the cans in any way because these will travel to tracks with me for extra seating

1 - 14 of 14 Posts