Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Postwhore grasshopper
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i post up on tampa racing.. anyone wanna ride.. so this kid messages me back, i meet him at a gas station. 05 gsxr 600. we go for a ride down a back road with a lot of 90s. i am taking it easy just coasting around the corners.. I see hes staying back and slow through the corners so the first tight 90 comes up and i hit it going like 60.. i dunno, i nailed that bitch hard. i slow up and wait a second looking in my mirror and see him going straight through the corner on the front wheel.. im like oh shit. the kid flips it over though a sign into the ditch. broke just about everything on his bike.. Luckily he wasnt hurt much just a scratch or two on his leg. i flip his bike over and turn it straight and get it out of the ditch. i look at the damage and tell him that school is expensive. Anyway it was his first wreck and im glad hes ok. ill just have to slow down a bit whenever i ride with noob's
 

·
Bulldogger
Joined
·
5,874 Posts
bucwildbob said:
a back road with a lot of 90s.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
 

·
Postwhore grasshopper
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6th months and he wasnt trying to show off and keep up.. i just nailed that corner. He wasnt trying to hit it but it was sharper than he thought and couldnt handle it.. he was fairly close to me when i was getting close, i slowed and he came through the corner bout 5 seconds behind me.. noob with stock mush suspension.
 

·
Postwhore grasshopper
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no that was over off the side of the road bout 10 mins later. but your mom did stop by.. i gave her a good spankin :lol
 

·
Postwhore grasshopper
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah, i rode around the campus once .. hahah thats bout it. i keep around valrico
 

·
Akrapovic xplane
Joined
·
6,024 Posts
He should have known better. 90's :rock
 

·
Beware of Subaru Outbacks!
Joined
·
964 Posts
bucwildbob said:
no that was over off the side of the road bout 10 mins later. but your mom did stop by.. i gave her a good spankin :lol
that's not funny dude...my mom passed away a few years ago, aren't moms supposed to be off limits? you coulda said it was me or my sister or something...
 

·
ryongchoi is my bitch...
Joined
·
5,456 Posts
hottR1der said:
that's not funny dude...my mom passed away a few years ago, aren't moms supposed to be off limits? you coulda said it was me or my sister or something...
sorry to hear that man..i believe that comment deserves an apology..
 

·
I Can Has Wheelie?
Joined
·
11,996 Posts
I know shit happens, but if I'm riding with noobs (I consider myself one too, but I'm better than most of them around here.... thats another story), I always make sure to lay down the rules before the ride:

1. If you're behind me, stay waayy behind me.
2. Dont try to keep up with me. If I get too far ahead, I'll slow down for you - you ride your own ride. I won't leave you behind.
3. Don't do stupid shit if you're gonna ride with me - don't pass me unless I signal you to, dont try to ride beside me (see rule #1).
4. If I wreck, please dont run over me (again, see rule #1).
5. Watch my riding style - I hit the good curves and straights hard, but I slow down like youre grandma over blind hills and blind corners, and through towns where the speed limit drops to 45 or 35.
6. Don't wheelie around traffic.

I don't wanna sound like a sour-puss, but you know, this stuff ought to be the FIRST thing you should be told when you get a bike and want to ride with anyone else.
 

·
Postwhore grasshopper
Joined
·
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah the mom thing.. sounded like he was kidding.. other wise sorry.. I wasnt forcing the kid to go fast or keep up with me.. he actually was keeping his own pace good, he just miss calculated that corner.. braked a little to late cause he didnt see me slow much i guess.
 

·
Throw Some D's On It
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
Experience comes with a price sometimes.........
 

·
Balls Deep
Joined
·
112 Posts
Skanky said:
I know shit happens, but if I'm riding with noobs (I consider myself one too, but I'm better than most of them around here.... thats another story), I always make sure to lay down the rules before the ride:

1. If you're behind me, stay waayy behind me.
2. Dont try to keep up with me. If I get too far ahead, I'll slow down for you - you ride your own ride. I won't leave you behind.
3. Don't do stupid shit if you're gonna ride with me - don't pass me unless I signal you to, dont try to ride beside me (see rule #1).
4. If I wreck, please dont run over me (again, see rule #1).
5. Watch my riding style - I hit the good curves and straights hard, but I slow down like youre grandma over blind hills and blind corners, and through towns where the speed limit drops to 45 or 35.
6. Don't wheelie around traffic.

I don't wanna sound like a sour-puss, but you know, this stuff ought to be the FIRST thing you should be told when you get a bike and want to ride with anyone else.
:iamwithst
 

·
I used to have a R1
Joined
·
374 Posts
It sounds like you set this guy up for a chrash and are now bragging about it. I've seen many riders get hurt over the years trying to keep up with riders with more skill or who just "knew the roads". I feel that there is a responibility of the leader in a group ride to not let this sort of thing happen.

So did you tap your brake before entering the turn or did you just nail it and the guy followed?
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top