Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rangers Lead the Way
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealership yesterday to get a no sh t date for my delivery. He said Thursday. He just called and said that there were no blues on the boat, but that he could get me a red by Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, I like the red, but that is not the point. I was (according to him) first on the list for the blue and that it would be in by the first week in March. I have been wainting over a month. What I dont understand is how they could have a blue ordered and it not come in. He said if I wanted to wait on a blue it could be the end of March or early April. I can't wait that long. I hate to do it, but I have to let the man win and go with the red. Any thoughts or words of wisdom.:dunno

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
bwat2 said:
I went to my dealership yesterday to get a no sh t date for my delivery. He said Thursday. He just called and said that there were no blues on the boat, but that he could get me a red by Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, I like the red, but that is not the point. I was (according to him) first on the list for the blue and that it would be in by the first week in March. I have been wainting over a month. What I dont understand is how they could have a blue ordered and it not come in. He said if I wanted to wait on a blue it could be the end of March or early April. I can't wait that long. I hate to do it, but I have to let the man win and go with the red. Any thoughts or words of wisdom.:dunno
If you have your heart set on blue, than wait or start making calls and buy it from someone else. You'll probably never be happy if you dont get the one you really want. I never trust these guys. Who knows what the real story is. On a side note. the red is beautiful...! I was going to get a grey one but the red kept calling my name. Its so amazing in person. anyway.. good luck. let us know how it goes

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
DONT SETTLE, get the one you want , if you dont you will more than likely regret it, IMO.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
He may not get the red. I think it was Eyespy that was at a dealer ship that had one in the crate that said blue. But when they opened it it was a silver one. But what ever you do don't settle.

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
Where are you in Florida? I just sat on a blue one at my local
dealer on Thursday. It's an awesome looking bike. :fact

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
Seems to be goin on, Goodriddance and myself are in the same boat. His blue was to be here last week, and my red is no where to be seen or heard.

·
Registered
334 Posts
bwat2 said:
He probably sold it to smoeone else for more money and as long as hes gettin sales he'll try to blow you off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts