Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
A Supra? What is that? a car? never heard of it I think.. or atleast I don't know what a Supra looks like :p

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
Supra, Supra, Supra, hmmm.... I think that's just a car.
I have an R1.... Whooohoooo!:D

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Congratulations, PsyKotiC RydeR!
Supra's are really :rock cars and I know you have been wanting one by reading the posts you have put up. :)
I hope that when you get a chance you will take some pictures of your new car and post them.

I went to find a picture of a Supra so those who didn't know what it looked like could see what a beautiful car it is.
This is a 1997 Toyota Supra TT. I'm sure its not exactly what PsyKotiC RydeR's car looks like because people really trick them out in lots of different ways, but it'll give you an idea anyway. :)

·
Leaving You In The Dust
15 Posts
Supra's are really stylin cars and fast as hell. Here is a link http://www.tweak3d.net/videos/archive/4.shtml to videos of a Supra just killing bikes in races. The videos are half way down the page just read the titles. Check out the other videos to there are lots of good ones. The Supra beats a Suzuki Hayabusa which is faster then my bike and also beats a Honda 900RR. The only thing is that it was dark when they where racing but you can still see well.

·
SoooooPra~
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
=) yup..i just came back from a long long drive with my supra!! well my supra wont be able to beat any bike yet..maybe one with a stupid ass rider..but that supra beating a hayabusa is highly modded! and i have all those videos! but ne hows..me and my buddy took some digi pics..but it didnt come out any good...i will post pics after monday when i give it some ZAINO!! so far..i have had 4 cars rev/flyby me tryin to get a race...but i kept it cool..=)

·
Bikes, cars, and women
48 Posts
We just got done dyno tuning one of our customer's supras and it made 605 Rwhp at 28 Lbs of boost and 690 Rwhp at 28 Lbs with NOS :eek: . That is an automatic too which has more loss to the rear wheels due to the tranny. Oh yeah....that is also on a 100% stock motor with only bolt on parts :rock

·
Ree-peat 0-fender
1,322 Posts
Those are some pretty insane numbers to be sure, especially from an automatic, but not with bolt-ons from a 3.0L engine or whatever size the Supra's had.

I have a hard time believing he made another 280+ from the already 320 horsepower with bolt-ons...sorry don't buy it. I also don't buy the fact that he didn't have to go into the engine to make that kind of power. With the exception of putting a 75-150 shot of nitrous on there, but even then that engine isn't going to last if that's the case.

I raced and HKS modded 1993 Eclipse GSX up at Rock Falls Wisconsin, and had Archer Brothers put on all the crapt including intercooler, turbo, waste gate, exhaust, headers, boost control, etc. and it only made another 50-75HP, that alone cost me over $5k including labor, not to mention a broken transmission.

I bought my 2001 R1 NEW for $8600 after trading in my 2001 F4i this year. I can say for a fact that I raced a 2001 Blue/White Viper GTS (500HP) from a 85MPH roll on all the way to 160MPH and I toasted him like he was standing still.

Half of these people I see that ride sportbikes try and race these cars in the wrong gear. There is no way you can match the horsepower/weight ratio of a sportbike unless of course you can afford a $160,000 car like a Hennesey Viper, or dump 2-3x the cost of my bike into a Supra.

Don't get me wrong I love cars and am always impressed to see what mods a person has done to their car, but pound for pound I will take my R1 instead, especially for the price.

Nice car by the way....

Mark
2001 Blue R1

:confused:

·
Bikes, cars, and women
48 Posts
markeddy said:
Those are some pretty insane numbers to be sure, especially from an automatic, but not with bolt-ons from a 3.0L engine or whatever size the Supra's had.

I have a hard time believing he made another 280+ from the already 320 horsepower with bolt-ons...sorry don't buy it. I also don't buy the fact that he didn't have to go into the engine to make that kind of power. With the exception of putting a 75-150 shot of nitrous on there, but even then that engine isn't going to last if that's the case.

To make the 690 Rwhp he had a 100Hp shot of NOS but we made 605 Rwhp with just the 28 Lbs of boost no NOS :rock . It is kinda hard to believe but I saw it with my own eyes. There is also a Supra here in town owned by Bryce that is street driven with a built motor and NOS that put down 870ish Rwhp and 710 ft/lbs of torque :eek!. There are also a few 300zx's running around on stock motors that are putting out well over 550 Rwhp w/o NOS and still on completely stock motors.

markeddy said:
I raced and HKS modded 1993 Eclipse GSX up at Rock Falls Wisconsin, and had Archer Brothers put on all the crapt including intercooler, turbo, waste gate, exhaust, headers, boost control, etc. and it only made another 50-75HP, that alone cost me over $5k including labor, not to mention a broken transmission.

Yeah the eclipse has a terrible tranny. Brent Rau was at our shop the other day and he has to carry around 3 extra trannys just to make it through races. Of course he is running low 9's :eek!

markeddy said:
I bought my 2001 R1 NEW for $8600 after trading in my 2001 F4i this year. I can say for a fact that I raced a 2001 Blue/White Viper GTS (500HP) from a 85MPH roll on all the way to 160MPH and I toasted him like he was standing still.

Half of these people I see that ride sportbikes try and race these cars in the wrong gear. There is no way you can match the horsepower/weight ratio of a sportbike unless of course you can afford a $160,000 car like a Hennesey Viper, or dump 2-3x the cost of my bike into a Supra.

Very true indeed :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts