Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aright i got an 07 r1 and the only thing i have done to it a fender eliminator and i have never owned a bike before and i just put it away for winter and when i bring it back out what kind of upgrades can i do to it for more speed and power. one thing i noticed is that i have to be very high in the rpms to get some sort of a whillie going. so thanks for all your help in advanced.

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
aright i got an 07 r1 and the only thing i have done to it a fender eliminator and i have never owned a bike before and i just put it away for winter and when i bring it back out what kind of upgrades can i do to it for more speed and power. one thing i noticed is that i have to be very high in the rpms to get some sort of a whillie going. so thanks for all your help in advanced.

Oh boy. Why did you buy an R1 for your first bike.... screw it. Dude that was the most retarted thing to do. Just take an MSF course and be careful. Learning wheelies is not something to learn now.

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
Oh boy. Why did you buy an R1 for your first bike.... screw it. Dude that was the most retarted thing to do. Just take an MSF course and be careful. Learning wheelies is not something to learn now.
maybe you could post a link to the thread you just started?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i took that class a long time ago i mean i have rode motorcycles and quads all my life. and i know there two different things but u know i try to be safe its just so tempting. thanks though

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
so do u have any suggestions for the mods or no ?
you have how many miles on a high powered street bike under your belt?
sorry dude, it's tough love around here.
that thing is plenty fast enough for you already!

did you even bother checking out the link he posted up?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i mean its fast, but i just like the stunt end, i mean i can do wheelies and stopies and shit like that but it just seems i have to be high in the rpms to get a good one. i mean if ya cant help me then just say it, it doesnt really matter im gonna do what i want just asking for suggestions thanks though

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Your doing it wrong. Search the Stunt forum for answers to those questions. I'll just say this. If you are doing a proper stand up wheelie, in second if you are at the balance point you wont be much of 8k rpms.

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
I guess you're gunna do what you want sooo. A second gear wheelie is started somewhere around 60mph. Some do a bounce at the same time they are "rolling on the throttle" others pull in the clutch and rev the engine and drop it. It takes ALOT of practice. Which I don't condone for you as a new rider. Please just be carefull. I don't understand why you bought a brand new R1 to wheelie. You could have bought an old CBR 900rr or an old Gixxer the two most popular stunt makes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i love the bike and i love yamaha and i didnt want an r6 too small i thought the r1 was perfect and not a bad price i bought it and i was the first one in the area with it so i love the bike and all. but thanks for yr info

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.