Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUPERSTOCK=YAMAHA R1 1st, 2nd, and 4th, great race! Gobert wins!

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Dont sell out the Kawis... hayden almost took it

Go Yamaha!

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shadow R One said:
Dont sell out the Kawis... hayden almost took it

Go Yamaha!
That was rider though! I watched Buckmaster, in clean air, no draft, pull alongside and go by into the chicane! Not just once, but several times! That's motor on top! And it looked to me as if just about all the Blue would gain in the infield. The Kawasakis seem to have just a little more off the corners though!

·
Beer me
3,889 Posts
What a great race. I wish I taped it. I took a three hour lunch from work just to see the action today. Poor Spies...never had a chance. The battle between the ONE and the 10 was phenominal. It's going to be the class to watch this year.:beer

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
I more true showing will come on Road Atlanta...but you can pretty much nix the honda due to rider no matter what it does...Jordan Zokes?? who the hell is that??? I think we saw that the kawi and Yami are both very competitive and have very able riders. Dunno what happened to suzi but they were on the pole so that has to count for something. I think you saw more what an experienced rider can do more than anything else today.

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
RedRider0151 said:
I more true showing will come on Road Atlanta...but you can pretty much nix the honda due to rider no matter what it does...Jordan Zokes?? who the hell is that??? I think we saw that the kawi and Yami are both very competitive and have very able riders. Dunno what happened to suzi but they were on the pole so that has to count for something. I think you saw more what an experienced rider can do more than anything else today.
Both of those Suzukis got flagged for jumping.:crash Didn't matter though it was still entertaining to watch the new R1s and the ZX-10s.

·
Registered
444 Posts
BLUE99 said:
What a great race. I wish I taped it. I took a three hour lunch from work just to see the action today. Poor Spies...never had a chance. The battle between the ONE and the 10 was phenominal. It's going to be the class to watch this year.:beer
:yesnod

This race was won by better drafting. Rodger pulled a rookie mistake and went for the win to early, he should have hung in second until the last bank. Oh well. Anyone who watched that race and thinks either of the two bikes had any significant power over the other is a moron. The truth of the matter is both bikes out there were ****ing awesome and full of power. This is how a race should be, where the rider makes the difference and not the bike. And the Hydens were just a little out classed out there.

This season is going to be one to remember.

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
damn yall that get to watch the races because i dont we dont get speed down here in the delta wish i was back home in memphis

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Yep i'd have to say that was most intertaining with 6 bikes capable of winning.

BD
:iamwithst

The race was certainly missing the "Go SHow". He would have made it a seven bike race, perhaps even a podium.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Andy29 said:
Both of those Suzukis got flagged for jumping.:crash Didn't matter though it was still entertaining to watch the new R1s and the ZX-10s.
That ruined the race altogether.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Bladeruner69 said:
I agree. The Kawis were a little better pulling out into the oval but the Yams would suck them back in about half way around.
That had more to do with the way the bikes were geared and tuned for the race than it had to do with the bikes ability in general.

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
:yesnod

This race was won by better drafting. Rodger pulled a rookie mistake and went for the win to early, he should have hung in second until the last bank. Oh well. Anyone who watched that race and thinks either of the two bikes had any significant power over the other is a moron. The truth of the matter is both bikes out there were ****ing awesome and full of power. This is how a race should be, where the rider makes the difference and not the bike. And the Hydens were just a little out classed out there.

This season is going to be one to remember.
Agree 100 percent. But its gonna be a great season...the youngsters getting schooled on some tracks and the old men getting wazed on others just cuz the young guys are too stupid to know to slow down.

Speaking of experience...who really doesnt think that buckmaster slowed down to let Hayden pass at the chicane...oldest move in the book, let the guy think he can break the draft and then scoop him right in...and you also saw Hayden get break checked by Bucky right before the finish line and that relegated him all the way back to fifth. I think the break check maneuver really hurt Buckmasters momentum right at the finish and cost him 2 places though. I really think he is the best rider out there in that particular class.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Turbo329 said:
That had more to do with the way the bikes were geared and tuned for the race than it had to do with the bikes ability in general.
Actually, i would tend to disagree. Maybe.:crash
Think of this, the R1 is a very short stroke motor compared to the ZX and as such would tend to make it's power higher in the rev range than the ZX, which could account for the difference in acceleration as well.
And since the bikes must run stock tranny ratios, the gearing is set-up by sprockets, and that would be dictated by running right to the rev limiter on the banking in 6th gear, so i bet the gearing is very similar.

Just another possibility to consider.:dunno

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
R1Budha said:
And since the bikes must run stock tranny ratios,
Just another possibility to consider.:dunno
We don't really know this for sure. Although you do make a very valid point. Those SuperStock Tuners are real slick. Don't be fooled by the class title.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts