Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that was doing 160mph+ last weekend and surely hope that my new 04 R1 will blow it away. If not maybe I should have put the coin in performance parts for the car! Cars suck though, $10,000 only buys you 170 hp over stock and I'm sure the new R1 would still kick it's ass!

Cya. :jump

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way...

But maybe, I like bikes more than cars but f*@k I had fun riding the $hit out of that Porsche last weekend! It handles well but it scared the $hit out of me a few times! Girls like cars and you can put more girls in a car but I am frothing at the mouth for that new R1 !

Cya:rock

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Re: No way...

Big Bear said:
But maybe, I like bikes more than cars but f*@k I had fun riding the $hit out of that Porsche last weekend! It handles well but it scared the $hit out of me a few times! Girls like cars and you can put more girls in a car but I am frothing at the mouth for that new R1 !

Cya:rock
Lay off the speed bro, are you sure your not from Victorville. Plus 160 in an Porsche ain't shiot have a few :beer and :machinegu yourself :thumbup

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
European 930

Which model porsche do you have?

I have a European 930. It has a few performance parts like stainless exaust and an upgraded turbo. I've been told that it puts roughly 400 rwhp out but I've never dynoed it. It's fast but like anything you get use to it. I've been checking out a performance company called "Powerhaus" they seem to have thier $hit together. Check the site out at:
http://www.powerhaus.com/

Some of thier twin turbos are putting out over 800 hp:rock

Cya

Attachments

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
Wow, thats some nice hp. Bet its real nice to drive.

I've never liked the looks of porsches though. Out of style and just not appealing to me at all. Get an R1 for sure, hehe.

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Re: European 930

Big Bear said:
Which model porsche do you have?

I have a European 930. It has a few performance parts like stainless exaust and an upgraded turbo. I've been told that it puts roughly 400 rwhp out but I've never dynoed it. It's fast but like anything you get use to it. I've been checking out a performance company called "Powerhaus" they seem to have thier $hit together. Check the site out at:
http://www.powerhaus.com/

Some of thier twin turbos are putting out over 800 hp:rock

Cya
Big Bear a Porsche is comparable to an R1, not the fastest striaght line car around by no means, but they handle and rip up the curves like a stripper on crack.

Porsche/ R1 are a driver/riders car/bike. Thats all.

Be safe, peace.....

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: No way...

mkinla said:
Lay off the speed bro, are you sure your not from Victorville. Plus 160 in an Porsche ain't shiot have a few :beer and :machinegu yourself :thumbup
I agree 160+ ain't $hit most times but if you lived where I do then you would say 160+ is the $hit. I live in a small island in Canada thats major resource is farming. Now, come with me on some small jacked off island and find me a spot to go 160+ before a farmer pulls out with his f*@king tractor and you go bye-bye!

Cya

P.S. It's all fun :rock

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Nice #'s Big Bear. My 95 M3 right now is at 405hp & 410tq to the
wheels. I've raced many stock 996 and one 911 turbo and beaten
them no problem. 1 996 with upgraded turbo and ecu and rear
exhaust beated me by 1/2 car rolling 5mph to 150mph.

Nice car!

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
FastAznR1 said:

Nice car!
Fast I own a 911, but I would love to own a M5, I hear those cars are absolutely sick. It's like you and 3 friends, "Hey look a Porsche, let's race, CYA.........."

Damn I just want the best of everything. 1000 square foot house and a 5000 square foot garage, just shoot me....:boom

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
killershroomr6 said:
Wow, thats some nice hp. Bet its real nice to drive.

I've never liked the looks of porsches though. Out of style and just not appealing to me at all. Get an R1 for sure, hehe.
I agree and disagree. It's like saying an AC Cobra looks dated or a late 60's Camaro, Mustang or Corvette does as well. You have to appreciate the car for what it is. A lot of people don't like Porsches because they were the first giant killer. They were the first generation of "Fast And Furious" cars to beat the American big blocks with technology. If you get or have the opportunity to drive one I'm sure you would be amazed by they HP the get out of that small engine. It's not a bike but it sure is fun! HP never goes out of style!

Cya

·
Twisties 32 miles 2.5 mi away
926 Posts
This Porsche GT2 is pretty hot, if you have $185,000 to buy one. $10,000 R1 still beats it bad 0-60 and quarter mile though. GT2 finally passes on the top end with advertised top speed of 197mph.

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FastAznR1 said:

Nice car!
My buddy has a new M5 four door sedan(390+ hp) and he took me for a drive. Very impressive! We haven't raced yet but by seat of the pants the 930 will win in my opinion but they are both fast cars. From a dead stop that 930 gets out so quick I would be very surprised if his car would catch me. 0-50 not a roll on a, 930 is hard to beat. No spinning and gone!

Cya

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
Big Bear said:
I agree and disagree. It's like saying an AC Cobra looks dated or a late 60's Camaro, Mustang or Corvette does as well.
I like the look of old mach 1's, my dad's 1967 straight 6 camaro, and the AC Cobra lol.

Always wanted to fix up one of those :crash

but I get what your saying :thumbup

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2MileHighR1 said:
OOPS! forgot the picture, here it is...
The guy that owns our local hardware store as well as everything else where I live has a new GT2. He just traded in his new 996 for it. I've been told that he is now selling his GT2 for another bigger horsepower production Porsche. Anyone know what this car might be? This guy is a multi-multi milloniare that loves Porsches! Is there a production Porsche that you can buy better that the GT2?

Cya

·
lb. for lb. #1 Disaster
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
killershroomr6 said:
Whats the difference in performance ?

Cya

1 - 20 of 25 Posts