Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1381 - 1394 of 1394 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
It isn't installed yet, so no extra HP atm.
Hey where/how did you mount the rear brake fluid holder on the side of the Y pipe? I have a very similar setup, but the Y pipe is covered with the plastics and rear brake reservoir. Doesnt that burn your leg to bits without any of the heat shields?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey where/how did you mount the rear brake fluid holder on the side of the Y pipe? I have a very similar setup, but the Y pipe is covered with the plastics and rear brake reservoir. Doesnt that burn your leg to bits without any of the heat shields?
The PO simply zip-tied it to the rear brake line banjo... I made a bracket to mount it however. I have yet to feel excess heat from not having a shield. Though have been looking for one. May have to make that too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The PO simply zip-tied it to the rear brake line banjo... I made a bracket to mount it however. I have yet to feel excess heat from not having a shield. Though have been looking for one. May have to make that too.
Gotcha. There is actually this heat shield that my mechanic suggested to me. It basically clamps to any long part of the exhaust . I can try to get you a picture if you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotcha. There is actually this heat shield that my mechanic suggested to me. It basically clamps to any long part of the exhaust . I can try to get you a picture if you want.
Sure, appreciate it. Would like carbon to go with tank and windscreen. But have come up short.

·
“Rhinestone Cowboy” MF Doom
11,031 Posts
Here is a thread for those with the disease...the modding disease that is!

Post your highly tricked-out bike specs and pics.

We dont care about oil brands tire brands or just paint jobs...we want cold hard engine mods,parts replaced or modified.

This is to "help" people get the addiction or help them finding that trick bits they always dreamed of.
This thread has gone soft.

1381 - 1394 of 1394 Posts