Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
South Side Hitmen
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it may not be a big deal to some of you guys who have been doing this for a long time, but this was a first for me.

:jump :jump the Honda rocks
 

Attachments

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
Joined
·
611 Posts
Great pics! Nice scenery. I wish we had some of that down here in Florida.....minus the snow. Keep tearin mother nature a new one!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Been looking at that CRF450F to go with my 11-year old son's CRF80F. Still thinking I would prefer that magic e-button on the WR450 though, so leaning that way.

Nice scenery!
 

·
South Side Hitmen
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cranky1 said:
Been looking at that CRF450F to go with my 11-year old son's CRF80F. Still thinking I would prefer that magic e-button on the WR450 though, so leaning that way.

Nice scenery!
the kick starter is small price to pay compared to the weight savings.
 

·
This thing needs more power...
Joined
·
389 Posts
I agree with you on the weight savings. I have the opinion that using a bike for what it is designed for is the better way to go. Don't get me wrong because I think the crf is probably an awesome bike, and definitely lighter than the wr450, but it was designed for the track. The wr was designed for the trails and I find it works much better there than any motocross bike, at least for me it does. If I rode motocross, then I would get a motocross bike, but I don't. I ride trails and I got a bike designed for that. I just wish someone would have told me this before I got my last bike, a yz426. It was a great bike, but man, the suspension was much too harsh for me and I hated the tranny bad.
 

·
South Side Hitmen
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Actually all I ride are trails and desert with the CRF, but I knew I wanted a much lighter bike. I was coming off a KTM that was only 10lbs heavier then the WR450 and it had a kick starter. So I didn't want that extra weight and it is such a huge difference. I plan on going to Moab sometime this year and hooking up with R1-superstar maybe you can meet us out there also, and I will let you take a spin.
 

·
My wife hates my R1
Joined
·
246 Posts
Not trying to piss ya off ,but I can long jump 22 feet on my feet:D
 

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
Joined
·
6,870 Posts
Sweet.... I want a dirt bike soooo bad...

- BA
 

·
South Side Hitmen
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
theblueOne said:
Not trying to piss ya off ,but I can long jump 22 feet on my feet:D
so what's your point????

my dad can beat up your dad:butt
 

·
My wife hates my R1
Joined
·
246 Posts
just joking with ya ,wish i still had my dirtbike keep up the fun!
 

·
South Side Hitmen
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crackhead_Willy said:
Here's a picture of me getting some air on my Raptor. Too bad I don't have any place to ride it anymore:(
now that would scare the crap out of me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
The jump is about 35-40ft between the doubles. Too bad I don't have aftermarket suspension cuz the landings are kind of rough.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
velocityboy said:
Actually all I ride are trails and desert with the CRF, but I knew I wanted a much lighter bike. I was coming off a KTM that was only 10lbs heavier then the WR450 and it had a kick starter. So I didn't want that extra weight and it is such a huge difference. I plan on going to Moab sometime this year and hooking up with R1-superstar maybe you can meet us out there also, and I will let you take a spin.
And that we will.......................:beer

Here is a 50' step up table.
 

Attachments

·
South Side Hitmen
Joined
·
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
r1-superstar said:
And that we will.......................:beer

Here is a 50' step up table.
WOW.....that looks awesome
 

·
This thing needs more power...
Joined
·
389 Posts
Hey, Moab sounds fun. I'll talk to Danny and see what the deal is. There is another group from thumpertalk going to moab, but they have dual sports and it just isn't worth it to me to make my bike street leagal for one ride.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top