Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike has a full graves exhaust system and a usb power commander among many other things...now my questions is, what exactly does the power commander do? Should I mess with it or just leave it alone? None of my old bikes had one....

One more thing, where can I buy a cowl for the bike?

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
if your bike is running good, then the power commander has probably been tuned for your bike already...if thats the case leave it alone...if it hasnt been tuned yet then take your bike to a dyno tuner and have them adjust it for you...

I got a targa cowl and love it, they look the best in my opinion(they get rid of the big pad)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if your bike is running good, then the power commander has probably been tuned for your bike already...if thats the case leave it alone...if it hasnt been tuned yet then take your bike to a dyno tuner and have them adjust it for you...

I got a targa cowl and love it, they look the best in my opinion(they get rid of the big pad)
In my opinion the bike is running good...one more thing, the guy that sold it to me said the bike had a full graves exhaust system, so how can I make sure it's the full system and not just some slip-ons?

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Take a look at the headers ....you will know if they are stock or not...compare the y pipe and headers with pics on graves site...For the Power commander...If he has a PC3 I'm pretty sure it would be a complete sytem, but you never know!

I think it would be smart if you read up a little on it to understand what it does...also if the bike came from an extremely higher or lower altitude It might be running like shit and you may not know it...once its tuned correctly the difference is highly notable unless you already have a decent tune and map on the PC3

For the cowl just google it and take a pic....ebay has them and thats where I got mine!

Sooner or later your going to start getting addicted to that machine and mods...this site has all the info you will ever need! Good luck and keep her upright!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take a look at the headers ....you will know if they are stock or not...compare the y pipe and headers with pics on graves site...For the Power commander...If he has a PC3 I'm pretty sure it would be a complete sytem, but you never know!

I think it would be smart if you read up a little on it to understand what it does...also if the bike came from an extremely higher or lower altitude It might be running like shit and you may not know it...once its tuned correctly the difference is highly notable unless you already have a decent tune and map on the PC3

For the cowl just google it and take a pic....ebay has them and thats where I got mine!

Sooner or later your going to start getting addicted to that machine and mods...this site has all the info you will ever need! Good luck and keep her upright!

I will check the header, thanks. Yeah, I used to browse this site a couple of years ago but I just finally bought an R1. I think today was my first login since 2005.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts

:stpd: also check with McCoy motorsports (tobefast.com) for another option on your cowl.

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
I will check the header, thanks. Yeah, I used to browse this site a couple of years ago but I just finally bought an R1. I think today was my first login since 2005.
Well glad your back bro and good luck with the new bike!

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Stock header will have an Exup valve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.