Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Chances are they will not revamp till 2017..... There is an article on Visor Down about why the new R6 is still being drawn out, they say that the current R6 will not meet the new Road safety and Emissions standards that the UK is updating in 2017 (abs ON ALL BIKES, and New tougher emissions). So why not drag out R&D for another year since a new R6 would just distract from the sales or the new R1 for the 60th anniversary. Anyways, I will look for the Article.

Here it was....
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/old-r6-remains-for-2016/28118.html

·
Registered
319 Posts
For the next gen R6 I'm hoping for all the electronic gadgets the 15 R1 has plus a crossplane 600cc. I think I'm setting the bar too high... But we shall see!

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
Will have to wait for 2017. I cant believe its been almost the same bike since 2006.

I honestly dont see it ever having a 3cyl engine nor a crossplane. The crossplane isnt a novelty. It has a purpose. A purpose not needed in a 600. Same goes for the tcs system.

The only logical options are electronic suspension or a really good standard one. Brembo calipers and master. Magnesium rims maybe. Launch control system perhaps. Maybe the gps stuff too. And abs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts