Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
can I score some pissssss
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a friend put on my chain and sprockets a couple of weeks ago. I guess he didnt tighten the nut down enough on the front sprocket. Well it is now gone. My question is where can I get a 36 millimeter nut and lock washer? I have gone to all the part stores and nobody has them. I really dont wanna wait on yamaha but I guess I might have to. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
OG Moderator
995 Posts
toejam said:
Well I had a friend put on my chain and sprockets a couple of weeks ago....

·
Feelin' lucky?
323 Posts
I wouldn't expect any car parts stores to have the right parts, assuming that's what you mean.

If you're in a rush, just ask the person who mans the Yamaha parts counter at your local dealership if you can pay extra for having the parts shipped next day.
Then, once you get the parts in your hand, use a torque wrench, tighten that nut to spec. (after putting a drop of oil on the threads), and bend the lock washer down over a flat part of the nut.

It shouldn't go anywhere until you want to remove it, again.

·
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you know what the actual size of the stem (the part where the nut screws on) is?

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
toejam said:
Well I had a friend put on my chain and sprockets a couple of weeks ago. I guess he didnt tighten the nut down enough on the front sprocket. Well it is now gone. My question is where can I get a 36 millimeter nut and lock washer? I have gone to all the part stores and nobody has them. I really dont wanna wait on yamaha but I guess I might have to. Anybody have any suggestions?
:confused:

How in the hell could that happen with a lock washer. you should be able to put it on finger tight and not have this happen. I would check to see if your buddy still had the nut.

·
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: I lost my front sprocket nut!

GXRKLR said:

How in the hell could that happen with a lock washer. you should be able to put it on finger tight and not have this happen. I would check to see if your buddy still had the nut.
I remember him putting the nut back on but Im not sure about the lock washer. It is a weird/scary situation because I just got back from a 4 1/2 hour trip and was cleaning my chain when I heard a weird noise. When I pulled the cover off there was no nut.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Re: Re: I lost my front sprocket nut!

GXRKLR said:

You can put yours on finger tight...but not me...it does have a torque setting!

·
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yup that is definitly the last time I let my friends play with my nuts. Next time Ill have a pro toy with em. :) Im sure they know how not to let me get my nut off for a longer period of time witch will give me a more pleasurable ride hehehe

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I lost my front sprocket nut!

MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
You can put yours on finger tight...but not me...it does have a torque setting!
I assure you that I don't. But with that lock washer it should not come off regardless of how much tq applied to the nut.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
toejam said:
yup that is definitly the last time I let my friends play with my nuts. Next time Ill have a pro toy with em. :) Im sure they know how not to let me get my nut off for a longer period of time witch will give me a more pleasurable ride hehehe
I play with my own nuts, can't afford to have a "pro":boobies do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts