Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

I lost my key for my 07 R1

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  stunteR1 
#1 ·
Hello fellow riders!

in need of help where and how to get a key replacement. went to my local Yamaha dealer here in Roseville California (sacramento) and not able to get a key eventhough I have vin number,registration, DL. was advise to get either new ignition or locksmith. called a locksmith charging me $250 to get it done. anyone out there had this experience.

Thanks!!!

#2 ·
I've lost mine before too... It was an absolute bitch to get a key made... I called multiple locksmiths and got quotes right around what you got (~$250)... I just made multiple calls and finally got one that cost me $100. $80 for the labor... I tipped him $20 because he had to do so much more work... Guy had no idea what he got himself into... Your ignition, gas cap, and tail section all have different cuts... They have to basically make 3 keys in 1 key for the bike to fully function...

My advice... keep calling hoping one of them doesn't know how much work they're getting in to...

#4 ·
is that you kim? :hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.