Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but damn it, I gotta satisfy this urge! :D I've never been the type of rider who set out to stunt my bikes. Hell, all of the 'stunts', if that's what you want to call it, have been by accident. :lol

Well, in about 7 hours, I'm going to put on my gear and head over to an isolated area close to my house and spend the entire day learning how to ride a wheelie! Maybe I've watched to many of the videos.......who knows? However, I gotta learn, and damn it, I'm gonna learn today!

So, if I don't post in this thread later on today, you guys know that something happened to me, and I'm sitting in the emergency room crying like a baby! :lol

Wish me luck!

:hellobye

·
relaxing
14,115 Posts
I'll trade you a bicycle to learn on instead of the preciousssssss.
Good Luck :thumbup

·
Formley known as slutty
5,175 Posts
R1Fanatic said:
I'm probably the only squid in America that can't ride a wheelie! :lol

That's about to change :sneaky

HEHEHE

goodl luck mang....dont loop it. REMEMBER baby steps

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
R1Fanatic said:
....but damn it, I gotta satisfy this urge! :D I've never been the type of rider who set out to stunt my bikes. Hell, all of the 'stunts', if that's what you want to call it, have been by accident. :lol

Well, in about 7 hours, I'm going to put on my gear and head over to an isolated area close to my house and spend the entire day learning how to ride a wheelie! Maybe I've watched to many of the videos.......who knows? However, I gotta learn, and damn it, I'm gonna learn today!

So, if I don't post in this thread later on today, you guys know that something happened to me, and I'm sitting in the emergency room crying like a baby! :lol

Wish me luck!

:hellobye

Don't you like your bike ,man? Or is it that you really want an excuse to get an '04? lol

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
Good luck Sweeeeetness :lol

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,669 Posts
My advice is don't rush....You can't really go from being a non wheelie guy or just ok wheelie guy to a stunter in 1 day.

Been riding for 7-8 years(street) 14 (dirt) and I can get on almost any bike and wheelie but I'm not stunter. I do it sparingly and less and less every year.

Just be careful with yourself and that pretty bike. If you get a few good wheelies except it for today and go ride. Then do alittle more the next day and so on.

I've never said to myself I'm going to learn this today. It's just too much pressure for one day or riding session.

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
good luck doode

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
good luck and be careful

·
wanna B on the Track
1,249 Posts
but if YOU learn, then i'll be the only one left who can't..... so NOOOOOOO..!!! STOP.!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Remember the rear brake is your friend

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
610 Posts
Good luck, baby steps, things will be fine! Let us know how you did!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts