Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Choose please!

  • Choice #1 Asus nForce Duron 1.4Ghz

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Choice #2 MSI SIS645 Celeron 1.7Ghz

    Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
Joined
·
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are about $100 dollars USD. Its a poll! Choose one!

Choice #1
Asus - A7N266-VM video sound LAN NVIDIA nForce 220D chipset; 3PCI/1AGP; 2 DDR memory; 4USB. Retail
Details:
-with cpu - AMD Duron 1.4GHz 200 FSB Socket A with fan and heatsink. Assembled & tested
Part - A7N266VMAA/1.4 Updated - 2/6, 1:20 PM

Choice #2
MSI - *In Stock* - MSI 655 Max-FISR(HT Ready) P4(478)/SIS 655/HT/DDR400/SATA/8X/R&GBL/ATX MS-6730-010H
Details:
-with cpu - Intel Celeron 1.7GHz w/Fan [Retail]
Part - 655-MAX+INTEL-C1700+F-ARS Updated - 2/12, 4:00 PM
 

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
im not an intel man when it comes to processor for one and two i dont like a celeron at all
 

·
Cornering Enthusiast
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
southern118 said:
im not an intel man when it comes to processor for one and two i dont like a celeron at all

:iamwithst
 

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
Joined
·
37,599 Posts
valerossi said:
From my experiences, Intel = Reliability :yesnod

:)

:lol :lol

From my experiences... It's just the opposite.


Dao, depends upon what you're going to be doing with the system. If it's a low end box for Linux, I say go with the Duron.
 

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
Joined
·
37,599 Posts
valerossi said:
:lol

LOL, it will never ends...

;)
b
:lol :lol

Those were my thoughts when I was replying to the thread...

I was hoping that this wouldn't turn into a heated debate. Although, I will say that I need to find something to test my P4 CPU. I think it's starting to bug out on me. I'm getting some weird quirks, and memtest didn't show anything in regards to memory faults. :(
 

·
we meat again
Joined
·
18,563 Posts
fjorn said:
b
:lol :lol

Those were my thoughts when I was replying to the thread...

I was hoping that this wouldn't turn into a heated debate. Although, I will say that I need to find something to test my P4 CPU. I think it's starting to bug out on me. I'm getting some weird quirks, and memtest didn't show anything in regards to memory faults. :(
Did you start having problems since the beginning, or just lately? :dunno

There could be so many things that cause it... :yesnod
 

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
Joined
·
37,599 Posts
Yeah, there could be a lot of things that might cause quirkiness of a system.

I've always had some minor issues/quirkiness with this system. Doesn't matter if it's WinMe/2000/XP, or any of the various distros of Linux. Fresh installs, or even old ones. Doesn't matter.

I notice it mostly when my CPU starts to get taxed, not so much memory utiliztion. Bios is updated, as is everything else. It's weird...

Ahh, well. Back to AMD for me. :D :lol :lol
 

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
Joined
·
10,685 Posts
i have three durons, and they are all junk. one in a Sony Vaio laptop, and two in boxes i've relagated to non critical issues.
stick with the celeron it's a good no frills alternative.
 

·
we meat again
Joined
·
18,563 Posts
fjorn said:
Yeah, there could be a lot of things that might cause quirkiness of a system.

I've always had some minor issues/quirkiness with this system. Doesn't matter if it's WinMe/2000/XP, or any of the various distros of Linux. Fresh installs, or even old ones. Doesn't matter.

I notice it mostly when my CPU starts to get taxed, not so much memory utiliztion. Bios is updated, as is everything else. It's weird...

Ahh, well. Back to AMD for me. :D :lol :lol
Maybe your motherboard sucks? :crash j/k man... ;)

But it seems that you might have some hardware compatibility issue... :dunno

You really don't seem to have much luck with Intel, huh? :D :lol
 

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
Joined
·
37,599 Posts
Ahh, well. The old intels seem to run okay (the original Pentiums that is) :crash
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top