Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Expensive Hobbies.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 R1, and the chain is pretty loose, Its been tightened a few times before, and its got to much slack in it for me. Where do you guys recommend that I purchase a new chain? I've also heard its good to replace the sprocket as well. I dont want to get a different size sprocket, just whatever is stock.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
AbecX said:
I have a 2000 R1, and the chain is pretty loose, Its been tightened a few times before, and its got to much slack in it for me. Where do you guys recommend that I purchase a new chain? I've also heard its good to replace the sprocket as well. I dont want to get a different size sprocket, just whatever is stock.

DID ERV2 520 & AFAM sprockets, check some of the Forum sponsor sites :thumbup

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
how many miles, are you sure it's worn? I would run a 530 on a road bike as it will last many times longer than a 520 with alloy rear.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
LDHR1 said:
how many miles, are you sure it's worn? I would run a 530 on a road bike as it will last many times longer than a 520 with alloy rear.
I would beg to differ on that, as would a number of other members. Alot of the variables relating to longevity are directly affected by preventative maintenance (or the lack there of) & riding habits :yesnod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts