Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Horatio Balsac
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, we have found my girlfriend a smoking deal on a new 600RR. She had an SV 650, but wants to upgrade. The only problem is, her insurance company will not insure this particular bike. Everywhere we have called has shot her rates well over 1000.00 a year for full coverage with 1000 deduc.

I just don't understand this. The girl has taken the rider safety coarse, ridden for over a year, and has a absolutly spotless record! No claims or tickets whatsoever! She is 23 and we live in Missouri. Can anyone help!

Thanks

·
Backmarker
1,998 Posts
State Farm. Best rates I have found for a motorcycle. You have to insure a car through them, though. Don't know if the rates will be the same down there, though.

However, if she or her father/mother is millitary, go USAA. Those rates are crazy low.

Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
ScaR1 said:
Allright, we have found my girlfriend a smoking deal on a new 600RR. She had an SV 650, but wants to upgrade. The only problem is, her insurance company will not insure this particular bike. Everywhere we have called has shot her rates well over 1000.00 a year for full coverage with 1000 deduc.

I just don't understand this. The girl has taken the rider safety coarse, ridden for over a year, and has a absolutly spotless record! No claims or tickets whatsoever! She is 23 and we live in Missouri. Can anyone help!

Thanks
State Farm has the best rates that I could find for myself. What part of Missouri are you from?

·
Horatio Balsac
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Columbia. Yes State Farm is great! My ins is 319 a year full cov. with 500 deduc. But I have several vehicles, and a home.

They want to insure the bike for 685 which isn't bad, but they want 600.00 for liability on her 1989 2 wheel drive S-10. She is currently paying 20 a month for that! That was our only hang up with them. We still may try and work something.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
agree, state farm all the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts