Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i just bought a mv agusta from fast by ferracci and i dont want to pay 7-800 to get it shipped and i want it here by saturday. I'm only about a 8 hour drive away so i dont see why i am having a problem getting my bike here in less then 4-5 days. If you guys have dealt with anyone in the past and had your bike delivered on time and taken care of perfectly please let me know thanks.

· RDNHRD
1,119 Posts
hey everyone i just bought a mv agusta from fast by ferracci and i dont want to pay 7-800 to get it shipped and i want it here by saturday. I'm only about a 8 hour drive away so i dont see why i am having a problem getting my bike here in less then 4-5 days. If you guys have dealt with anyone in the past and had your bike delivered on time and taken care of perfectly please let me know thanks.
Why not fly there, rent a cargo van and drive it home?

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I used Shippingmasters.com from D.C. to Florida, $500 and change. But it took them two weeks. Actual ship/drive time was around two days. It really depends on the availability of drivers willing to haul the stuff down. If it were anything other than an MV, I'd fly up and ride down. But being an MV, you wouldn't last more than a few hours :) I know the weather was decent there today but I heard it's going to turn to shit here shortly and that'll affect delivery as well.

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dude the weather is crappy im not taking my baby through snow and salted roads and rain and personally i dont want to die im like a kid i bought my toy i want it now but lets see how uship.com works sometimes you get lucky i guess

· Banned
1,316 Posts
i went through uship.com and had my bike shipped for 450 from CA to KY. it wasnt done in a few days though. THe people have to get other bids so they can pick things up in the same direction and delivery. it isnt worth it to many

number for the person i used was 5743614739

· Shane loves........me
10,291 Posts
It's up to you BUT......in it's lifetime, the bike is going to see rain :fact it's going to see salty roads from snow: fact it's going to see every kind of weather there is out there. Why basically throw money away for someone to ship it to you? I would ride it back in a heartbeat over spending $800 to have it shipped to me. F that

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's up to you BUT......in it's lifetime, the bike is going to see rain :fact it's going to see salty roads from snow: fact it's going to see every kind of weather there is out there. Why basically throw money away for someone to ship it to you? I would ride it back in a heartbeat over spending $800 to have it shipped to me. F that
its going to cost 2-300 but its going to take a week to get it because there are other stops the only thing is the weather i wont ride in this weather because i dont have time to stop if i go get it i need to ride all 8 hours through and the bike is a back breaker like the other guy said i wouldnt last more then 2-3 hours at the most on it.

· Go in deeper come out faster
6,413 Posts
Granted I bought my R6 in the spring but I rode it from TN to CO 8-10 hrs a day...yeah it hurts but it was worth it. man 800 for shipping is rediculous...I had my 1 shipped from Virginia to here in the middle of winter for 350 and it took 5 days from dropoff....guess I got lucky...think it was uscarriers or something. Uncrated it at the dock and rode it home on one heck of a crisp sunny cold CO day:)

Good luck with it...just wondering, if you can't go ride now why is there suck a hurry to get it in?

Post some pics when she shows up..

BTW fawk riding in snow, I had to go 5 mph with my feet down on the shoulder home for 3 miles once in packed snow after 6 inches fell....man I bet the cagers were getting a kick out of my dumbarse

· INVICTUS
15,201 Posts
Sheeeit!!! 8hrs away? When I bought my Roadstar I made a deal with the seller , sent him a 2k deposit and drove up to Atlanta two days later and got my bike . I left Orlando at around 2am , got to Atlanta around 830 and I was on my way back to Orlando after stopping for breakfast. Granted I used my dad's enclosed trailer for the Roadstar because of it's size , I'd have just taken the truck if it were for a sportbike. There's simply no way I'd pay the premium for having a bike delivered like Fedex and if you want it PDQ it's gonna cost.

· My R1 Luvs Tight Butts
111 Posts
im in a hurry because its my toy and i want it here now lol im just being a baby and ranting ill have it within a week for a decent price because i have faith in u ship
Yeah, sounds like you're just crying but I don't blame you, I'd be doing the same thing. I have family in Detroit and I've been there during the winter, you might as well just kick back, go to the bar and wait cuz you won't be riding that thing till March anyways.

· Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, sounds like you're just crying but I don't blame you, I'd be doing the same thing. I have family in Detroit and I've been there during the winter, you might as well just kick back, go to the bar and wait cuz you won't be riding that thing till March anyways.

i think im going to let ferracci babysit it for me until feburary book a ticket to philly for cheap when my friend that lives there is back from iraq and then we will throw it in a u haul trailer and come to michigan because he is coming here anyways. But it might as well not be here im not going to be able to ride it until march anyways but still just walking out into the garage and seeing it. I miss my R1 a lot and i need another bike in the garage for me to feel normal again lol.

· Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,319 Posts
Offer one of the guys at the dealership a few hundred... I was going to buy a bike from Albany about 4 hours away, one of the guys at the dealer offered to bring it down on a trailer for 300$

· R1 Addiction
16,761 Posts
i bought my bike from Delmar, NY and rode it all the way back to NJ. Took me about 3.5 hrs and I only had to stop once for gas. Was a blast. Would do it again in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.