Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06 r1 and one day it quir running with a code error 46. i found that the flywheel shred its magnents. ive replaced th flywheel the stator the starter solonoid the battery......it still wont start.........and go

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a 06 r1 and one day it quir running with a code error 46. i found that the flywheel shred its magnents. ive replaced th flywheel the stator the starter solonoid the battery......it still wont start.........and go
Does your dash light up and do you still have error codes?
Does it try to start i.e make a clicking sound etc?
Will it start if you bridge the starter solenoid (bypass)?

Check all your fuses your battery for voltage and your rectifier too. Check your connections to the ECU, unplug and re-plug, and earthing points as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Check all your fuses your battery for voltage and your rectifier too. Check your connections to the ECU, unplug and re-plug, and earthing points as well.
Carl jones my dash does light up. yes i still have error code. yes it cranks and trys tostart. i have not tryed the solenoid. ai did checkfuses they are all good. i tested the rectifier with multi meter it tests good. i cut harnesses off and went srraight to conecrions with wires. im at a loss the only thing i can think is ecu?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wicked, your tests rule out a lot of possibility's at least, that's a bonus.

Err46 is ECU voltage, can you probe the harness and see if your getting 12v to the ecu, same voltage as the battery? Does your fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

I bought my 08 R1 sub $3k due to the ex owner having replaced the ECU and keys plus a host of other parts as he couldn't get it to start. The issue was the 12v feed wire to the immobilizer pickup that sits below the key barrel. It had 4-8v but never the 12v. I bypassed that wire and went direct off another relay and boom! Perfect 08 R1 raven for less than 3k haha the fuel pump will not prime if this is an issue - So on that note.. is your immobilizer red light coming up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wicked, your tests rule out a lot of possibility's at least, that's a bonus.

Err46 is ECU voltage, can you probe the harness and see if your getting 12v to the ecu, same voltage as the battery? Does your fuel pump prime when you turn the key on?

I bought my 08 R1 sub $3k due to the ex owner having replaced the ECU and keys plus a host of other parts as he couldn't get it to start. The issue was the 12v feed wire to the immobilizer pickup that sits below the key barrel. It had 4-8v but never the 12v. I bypassed that wire and went direct off another relay and boom! Perfect 08 R1 raven for less than 3k haha the fuel pump will not prime if this is an issue - So on that note.. is your immobilizer red light coming up?
ill go out right now and probe the harness and take a video of trying to start it. yes i do believe the fuel primed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Carl jones i thank you in advance for your input i really do appreciate it, some people keep the knolage in why smh. im looking through the service manual trying to figure out witch wire you were talking about. i have got ecu out and hanging through air tube hole so i can probe wire just cant figure out witch one it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carl jones i thank you in advance for your input i really do appreciate it, some people keep the knolage in why smh. im looking through the service manual trying to figure out witch wire you were talking about. i have got ecu out and hanging through air tube hole so i can probe wire just cant figure out witch one it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What was the issue man? Glad you got it sorted 👍
What was the issue man? Glad you got it sorted 👍
Combination or possibly chain reaction. i dont know the order but magnets from flywheel were scattered threw lower motor. i had to replace flywheel, stator, battery, starter solenoid, ecu, and rectifier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts