Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AFTER MY 4TH GEAR CRASH, I WAS WANTING TO SEE WHAT SIZE SPROCKET OTHERS ARE RUNING, I DONT NEED TO RUN 150+MPH, BUT I DONT WANT MY BIKE IN 6TH @ 10000 RPM @ 80 MPH EITHER. What Size Sprocket To Run, For Stunting? I Have Been Riding 2nd,3rd,4th,5th Gear Wheelies. I Think Im Going TO Get A Rear Handbrake, And Try Some Slow Stuff.

Attachments

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
some frame sliders would have been helpful :fact.

·
Yellow R1's are faster
387 Posts
-1 front and +3 rear rides 77mph @ 5K rpms thats what i run now and it has strong low end power
Yeah... don't listen to this guy.. 77mph @ 5k with -1+3.. Thats a good one..
More like 77mph @ 7-8k with that gearing.

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,490 Posts
Yeah... don't listen to this guy.. 77mph @ 5k with -1+3.. Thats a good one..
More like 77mph @ 7-8k with that gearing.
:2bitchsla He's also on a 7 y/o bike dude... TOTALLY different stock gearing... Foo.. :bash

As for what sprockets to run... Either -1fr/+2rr (moderate) or -2fr/+2rr (extreme!!!)

:fact Dropping the front is cheaper than buying big rears (-2fr = $30, +6rr = $75), not to mention not having to buy a different/bigger chain...

·
Yellow R1's are faster
387 Posts
:2bitchsla He's also on a 7 y/o bike dude... TOTALLY different stock gearing... Foo.. :bash

Damn grinch who jacked Christmas.. no need to get nasty.. shit.. It was honest mistake.
I thought his bike was 04 silver by his avatar.. But now I see that its
not.
:saw:
Hey is there squirrels in Canada?

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,490 Posts

Damn grinch who jacked Christmas.. no need to get nasty.. shit.. It was honest mistake.
I thought his bike was 04 silver by his avatar.. But now I see that its
not.
:saw:
Hey is there squirrels in Canada?
:makeout I appologize... But dont be so defensive either... :sneaky

Of course, foo...! LOL :2bitchsla

:lol

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
See Sig, Im Running -1,+2. I See These Guys With 600's Running 54-74 Rear. I Wanting To Do Some Slow Wheelies In First With A Rear Handbrake. I've Got Sit-dns, & Stand Ups Dn Pretty Good (except One 1:30 I Rode, In 4th) Im Going To Put A 50 Tooth On The Rear, Then I Can Always Go Up To A 16 In The Front. I Thought Someone Had Done This Before On A R1, Guess Not.

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
just a quick question....

W/ These slow Lot wheelies we are talking about!
are you guys actually riding on the rear brake ?

and wouldnt stock brake lines be better for that,
than to run SS brakelines on a stunt bike ? (even for endo's )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.