Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There was still some snow on the ground, but most of it was dry. 40 degrees and 40% chance of snow. I cut the ride short.

But I must say; this new 04' R1 is sweet. The tranny feels much better, the brakes are amazing, and the power is NICE!

Yeah I have 30 miles on here but I had to try. First gear wheelies are effortless, and the second gear wheelies need some coaxing (very little though). I have not yet tried thrid, but will as soon as I get more miles on her. Please keep in mind that I'm 4260 ft. above sea level.

No buzzing in the bars, seat position is way better than last years, tires hook up pretty good, very throaty on accel. 6th gear 5500 RPMs indicated 81 mph, twist the throttle and she goes.

I've heard someone complain about the bar to tank relation when making sharp turns. I have no problems with it. I'm 6'-0", 170 lbs. The seat is comfy and does not slide you into the tank.

With the revised shift light, it's easier to see in the daytime compared to last years model.

Only complaints; stock windscreen sucks (we all know this), no room under the pass. seat (backpacks baby), and too cold to ride more today.

All in all, SWEET Motorcycle!!:thumbup

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
some big hand mofo said he had problems with wrist hitting tank, now you should know where he got his hands this big.....

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
echo7 said:
some big hand mofo said he had problems with wrist hitting tank, now you should know where he got his hands this big.....
Like 6'-5" 260 or something? I see where that could pose a problem. :lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts