Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

I said I wouldn't mod my bike... now I say... I'm modding my bike

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  LSX_Cherokee 
#1 ·
As soon as I get this fuel issue sorted out, I'm going with a pipe, bye bye to the cat and anything else that stands in the way of power.

Which pipe and tuner? I prefer PCM writes vs piggy back types, but what is best for power?

The pipe, I prefer be in the low to mid range for noise.

Talk to me goOse.

#5 ·
if its a 15-19 then yeah, simple enough. find a shop with a dyno that does FTECU stuff and away you go. talk to the shop first before you make your list of stuff to buy, that way, no snafus later.

if "fuel issue" means that random shut off shit these bikes do, thatll basically be solved by the different fueling of the tune. theyre too lean from the factory.

#9 ·
As soon as I get this fuel issue sorted out, I'm going with a pipe, bye bye to the cat and anything else that stands in the way of power.

Which pipe and tuner? I prefer PCM writes vs piggy back types, but what is best for power?

The pipe, I prefer be in the low to mid range for noise.

Talk to me goOse.
I pulled up next to a beautiful FZ09 yesterday on my KTM SMC 690 R. I didn't notice the OEM of his exhaust but that crossplane three banger engine sounded awesome when the light turned green.

Anyway, been looking to flash the ECU on my 2017 R1S so might get a nice slip-on exhaust package now too.

#10 ·
I was fine with the look of the stock exhaust but the cat was so fugly I swapped it as soon as I could with a Two Brother's S1R, I loved the look and the sound although it popped like crazy. I sent the ECU to SBU and I am quite pleased with the mail order flash and how it runs and sounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.