Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MOTORCYCLES
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Care to elaborate? Why is the R1 a better bike in your opinion than the GXR 1000? I'm debating on which one to get so I'd like to know your thoughts.
The gix does have a great enging..But little things (build quality) will be better with yamaha..Basically both bikes are superfast..so you need to decide which one looks better...The r1

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
Care to elaborate? Why is the R1 a better bike in your opinion than the GXR 1000? I'm debating on which one to get so I'd like to know your thoughts.
IMO its a better Overall Motorcycle...
Top end #'s really dont matter on the Street..
so those 3-4 extra HP isnt doin much besides helping you highside! :sneaky

Could I trade it to an 08 r1 without getting raped too bad ?:fork
Possibly, depends where you go and how many miles on it...
New Bikes Depreciate alot though once you leave the Lot... :fact

·
Registered
350 Posts
well depends when you bought it, I think you have 15 to 30 days to return the bike without any penalties. Do some consumer protection law searches on google you will find it...it also depend in what state you are in...
my friend did it with his car, bought it, didn't think it was the best choice he had made so he took the thing back...worth a try!

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
I had an 06 Gixxer 1000, loved it, and I have an 07 R1, and love it even more, rode the 07 Gixxer 1000, I feel they have the same powerband exactly(once you remove the cat off both bikes, gets rid of midrange dip), The Gixx may have a pinch more at the very bottom, and i think the R1 is insane up top, I'm glad i bought the 07 R1, power everywhere.....I thought the midrange would be shit like the 04-06(i love those too), but i was surprised....great bike...

·
Pirate Brian
2,633 Posts
I dont mean to be the downer of the group but I feel the Gixxers are made better.:scared I went from a gixxer 750 to an 05 r1. The new gsxr's just plainly have more appeal in the gadgets department. They come with a tank stand, a cowl and a rear seat, gear indicator, high beam flash button for passing etc. Although Im never disappointed by the looks of my R1, even after 2 years, I think the Suzuki is a better buy. Plus I had to mess with the gearing when I first bought it because of how poor the low end was. All in all they are both amazing bikes but theres a reason why every squid buys a suzuki.

Good luck on not losing your ass on a trade in!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.