Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My R1 is really an FZR
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it's the end of my first riding season. I put on about 8k miles and didn't drop the thing. :D :cool:

but i'm noticing that the longer i ride, the more my shoulders make these ugly grinding sounds. I didn't really notice or care until the chick i was with the other day bitched about it. but it's definately there, i let off a real loud grinding sound in the middle of the night by moving my arm and she was using it as a pillow.

it's about in the spots that my shoulders/arms are in when riding.
I'm guessing maybe keeping them in that position for long periods of time along with the vibration is causing it? if i swing my arms around in a big circle they'll pop the first few times until the shoulders get warmed up.

i'm pretty sure this is a riding thing, they didn't do that before i had the bike, and i'm only 22.

is this happening to anyone else?

·
My R1 is really an FZR
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not using em to hold me up though, elbows are bent and my legs/back are holding me up (couple hours of riding and my back will reaffirm that)
:dunno

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
dump the girl :fact

any girl that can hear that is no good.. how are you gonna sneak one in while she's sleeping ;)

·
The biggest Woody!
1,765 Posts
:lol :lol :iamwithst

·
My R1 is really an FZR
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol
no dumping necessary, i found out she was 17 :scared

i dunno, i just hope it doesn't get worse next year. you think weightlifting would help offset these sort of things? i havn't actually done jack-sh*t as far as excersize this summer.

·
Banned
163 Posts
no such thing as the end of the riding season.. str8rydaz 4 lif..

although i hope the best for your shoulder

·
Registered
305 Posts
Riding season over already? Year-round in SoCal...

Eventually it'll swell up really bad. The socket tissues will slowly weaken and your arms will just fall off. Go see a doctor and see if they'll reinforce your shoulders with Adamantium.

·
My R1 is really an FZR
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought us mortals can't survive such operations..

what about wrists and stuff? i know i can't be the only one here noticing these things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts