1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,542 Posts
that bike is bad ass

·
Banned
494 Posts
wow the zx10 is no joke. the cbr1000 sucks ass. the r1 really dips in the mid range. as the gsxr1k realy has some balls down low.

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
I'd take any of them :cool:

·
Moving sucks...
10,144 Posts
Damn, that drop in the R1's torque curve, between 6,000 and 7,000 RPM's looks pretty harsh!!

Do any of you '04 owners notice a huge flat spot, or is it a non-issue?

·
PEZ RULE!!
99 Posts
That's strange for the Yammy. When mine hits 7000, that's when it feels like I'm on a space shuttle shooting to the moon!

But I only have about an hour's riding time on it, and took it easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually i think that an after market exhaust can fix that... I looked at the curves for akrapovic and it lessens the dip...

Moonlighter said:
Damn, that drop in the R1's torque curve, between 6,000 and 7,000 RPM's looks pretty harsh!!

Do any of you '04 owners notice a huge flat spot, or is it a non-issue?

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a relative dip.... it still makes good power at that point.... besides it makes the high rpm rush all the more exciting!

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
I RIDE BLUE said:
That's strange for the Yammy. When mine hits 7000, that's when it feels like I'm on a space shuttle shooting to the moon!

But I only have about an hour's riding time on it, and took it easy.
Thats most likely due to it coming out of the dip/lull and back into the power, hence it leaves the impression of a 'hit' in the powerband.

BD

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Thats most likely due to it coming out of the dip/lull and back into the power, hence it leaves the impression of a 'hit' in the powerband.

BD
:yesnod :iamwithst

·
Banned
494 Posts
Big Daddy said:

BD
that does make sence. i never knew that.

·
Banned
648 Posts
This is too Funny,,,
I believe the ZX10rr is an awesome machine, for sure:thumbup

BUT:

This is only 1 DYno,
And if anyone here is a SPortRIder fan/reader,,, you know what I'm talking about.

The R1's Dynos by other mags have been a little hefty aswell.

I can't wait until an individual posts his/her dyno results...

I hope they are as great as SR's....
It would be nice to see Kawi back at the top...
Kinda give us r1 riders a target being Suzuki is all washed up:lol

But the R1 is still sexier:lol

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
hhmm... man that Suzuki sounds like is falling apart on that dyno :lol

I kind of dig Honda's sound...Yammy doesn't sound bad at all hehe but WTF up with that rattle sound???

·
`send it!`
81 Posts
I give credit where its due.....Kawi did a great job with their lastest power plant. Whats up with the cosmetic details though.....freakin worse than the Suzuki.The gauge cluster looks like a game controller I had on my Atari 15 years ago! Yamaha has everyone smoke with attention to detail. No ones even in the same league!

-MC

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
You know....this same thing happend to the 03 GSXR 1000 when it came out. Everyone was raving about how quickly it revved and that they thought it was missing a little bit of grunt down low but made up for it a bit higher in the rev range compared to the 01's and 02's. I think the new R1 has fallen victim to the same thing. The 03 GRXR has it's own little dip in the powerband but it not really noticeable to the rider. (so I hear) They raved how much better the newer bike was in so many ways....which also included a 10 peak hp increase. In 05 they will unveil their TRUE 1000cc motor with revised heads etc.

It is fun to sit here and nit pick at all these bikes from a dyno graph but I think YZFR1Freak summed it up the best:

I'd take any of them :cool:

:iamwithst :yesnod

1 - 20 of 45 Posts