Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idiot friend has a 2003 HONDA 600 RR.. He has only been riding for 4 months (for real) This is his first bike, and it's already been down three times.. But.. It gets better.. He bought a JARDINE pipe for it, and it sounds good, but he will go down the highway at 80mph in third gear because he thinks it sounds good to be screaming along. He does the same thing in town except he runs it to the rev limiter, and instead of up shifting, he'll let it slowly come down in the R's.. (Remember I said idiot in the beginning of the thread).. His new 600RR is now burning a quart of oil every three weeks!!!:lol :lol Gee, I wonder why!!! Please flame on, because I want him to understand that because you have a bike that revs that high doesn't mean that you ride it there all the time.. I tell him to up shift, and he just ignores me.. Now he has a brand new bike that is screaming for some body to quit beating the piss out of it!!! It's smoking so bad now.. I feel bad for the bike.. Sounds stupid doesn't it... He will not give it a rest either!! He thinks he's so cool because he's breaking everybodys ear drums, and now he's gone and ****ed up his bike.. I'm gonna make him read this too, so let the flaming begin... FOR REAL!!!!! Because he wont listen to me...:dunno

·
I'll have it soon enough...
74 Posts
but he's doing it to the same bike I have!!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!! :machinegu :machinegu :machinegu :riding

K

·
0 Posts
Eyespy said:
The world is full of idiots. Why should this one be any different?
totally agree as usual, but i think i should point out that the 600rr's use oil. there have been a number of articles on it and i have 2 friends with them and they both use oil. it should not be brake in procudure because honda says they set the piston rings on a dyno before they leave the factory.

every person i have met with a 600rr uses an excessive ammount of oil

·
Bulldogger
1,098 Posts
there are a few of the first production rr's that use excessive oil. it is rare, but they do exist. i personally don't have any problems with mine and honda seems to have corrected the problem because none of the newer one's are doing it. running the bike to redline is fine, but cruising at redline is not. tell him to get a louder pipe like a d+d if he wants it to be loud down low where he should be cruising at.

·
I've eaten my R1
1,233 Posts
Clay said:
now burning a quart of oil every three weeks
And:

It's smoking so bad now
Is "not burning excessive oil". Burning excessive oil is like an extra .5 quart during the 3000 mile oil change duration.

Crashing a bike 3 times is none too bright either.

I guess you won't have to worry about your friend destroying anything bigger...it doesn't sould like he'll out live the 600RR he's currently trying to blow up.

You just better hope he doesn't take you out too. I sure hope you're not riding with this fool.

Again, this is under the assumption that this thread was not started as a fishing expedition...

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I guess looking cool while doing it is the important thing for him.

He"s entering the world of motorcycling with a bang,like we all did.......give him time,he"ll see the light....eventually.

Tell him that we"ll call Honda USA and tell them about his riding antics if he doesnt cool it down......they will void his warranty......

:lol

·
SPEED FREAK
101 Posts
:iamwithst
Its his money let him waste it if he wants.
dont let him ride your r1 tell him to kiss your:butt
He will learn the hard way.As far as riding though town
on the redline thats dumber than not riding at all.
LOOSER

·
Go hard!
1,300 Posts
Loser

Your friend is a L'oser BIG TIME!!!!
He probably can't ride either,,, well thats obvious if they bike has found the bin a few times,,,,!!!!!

But at least he provides us with a bit of a laugh ooops sorry
A BIG LAUGH LIKE FALLING OFF MY CHAIR LAUGHING SO HARD MY LUNGS ARE GOING THROUGH MY RIB CAGE,,, $HIT I THINK IM PI$$ING MYSELF IM LAUGHING SO HARD!!!

:machinegu :iamwithst :butt :boom

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,718 Posts
I know a kid with a new Honda 600rr and just dumped it. Guess what first bike and he has a down payment on a new CBR1k :no

Everyone thinks size matters:confused: Women say it doesn't matter but ......oh wait I mean you don't need a big bike to get off. :p :p :p :p :crash

The only way to let stupid people learn is BY THEMSELVES. I'm the king of trying to help people and I rarely win.

It's like telling a 10,12,14,16 or whatever yr old kid if your start smoking now you'll never quit. response "Na it's all good I'll quit in a few yrs or when I have kids"

A few yrs later their blowing smoke in their kids faces:(

·
clean living + constant prayer
1,115 Posts
Everybody that he passes is probably saying the same thing. "Why the F is that guy not shifting his bike?" There is a guy that rides around my city with an old Katana and he does the same thing. Feet up on the back pegs like he is racing and rides around at 10,000rpm in first gear. I have a good laugh every time i see him!!!

·
World Class Lurker
492 Posts
Tell your dumb friend to take the packing out of his pipe, ride with sandals a cap turned to the back and some cool shades on.

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
[
My idiot friend has a 2003 HONDA 600 RR.. He has only been riding for 4 months (for real) This is his first bike, and it's already been down three times..

This says it enough!

1. Don't ride with him anymore (someone else suggested this)
2. Let him blow it up, When he is still making payments on something he can't ride, you can ride up and say"hey you want to cruise...ooops sorry, you don't have one!"
3. If you do ride, don't ride beside him, it would be crappy to catch a rod or something from his bike when something lets loose in his mill. *Plus, HuNdA's can cause a very pussey inFectiOn:eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts