I love it,but not the best at
175mph.. Realy how often
do we ride at that speed?

·
My R1 Makes my wife Jealous
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:riding

I went ahead and bought the jacket and i like it a lot, it's comfortable...
Hope i don't test it at 175 mph....

·
Did the wheel come up?
124 Posts
I dont hit that speed very much myself.
I'm glad you like it. The daytona is diff.
from the crest. I was going to get the
daytona as well until the crest came
out this year.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you both should have a St christopher's medal sewn into the inside pocket...ICOn does that on thier jackets!

·
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:machinegu

Why would you say that laubin???

·
Ghostrider Squadron XO
6,312 Posts
laubin said:
you both should have a St christopher's medal sewn into the inside pocket...ICOn does that on thier jackets!
What?

Attachments

·
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:dunno

·
Justice Swerved..
323 Posts
I just checked inside my pocket... Didn't find anything, but I love the jacket. I got the Retro Daytona in white... Haven't ridden in it yet but so far so good...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I just got off the phone with a friend who works there..it would seem they're going to stop sewing the st christpher medals in thier jackets...

·
Negative, Ghost Rider
341 Posts
laubin said:
Is that from that movie? Can't remember . . . something about luck? Then again, maybe not.

·
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:dunno

We are all wondering the same thing, could not make much sense about that comment...

·
Negative, Ghost Rider
341 Posts
OK just remembered the movie . . . it was "Crash". But it was another "St.". Guess you need to see the movie. Oh well, thought I'd try . . .

·
Which one's the brake?
171 Posts
I don't know about the jackets, but their gloves kick ass. I went down pretty good last summer and the pavement never touched my skin. On my hands at least.:(

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
St Christopher is the patron saint of travel ..he carried Jesus across a river on his shoulders... many catholic people carry St Christopher's medals in thier car's and or a necklace. i'm to asume nither of you know this is. My comment had little to do with any movie. It had to do with the fact that Icon was sewing these medals in thier jackets ... giving the wearer St Christopher's blessing( faith through good to keep you safe)...there's a whole prayer... I can't remember it... I thought it was a cool factoid

·
Negative, Ghost Rider
341 Posts
Yep. did a google search and read up on it. It is a cool factoid. The movie Crash had a character that carried a miniature statue (St something) as he was constantly traveling. He probably needed it with his line of "work" and company he was with. Anyhow, the Icon jackets look very nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Take a really close look at the ICON Gear before you buy!!

Here's my story.

I bought an ICON Mainframe Halo Helmet about 2 years ago and had some issue's with it. After sending it back to ICON and being without a helmet for 5 weeks they decided to replace it with a new one.

The next year I had an issue with the replacement helmet. That's 2 ICON Helmets now that have fallen apart on me. The second time I contacted ICON, which was a task in itself because they don't really have a customer service line, I had to get a phone number from a local dealer, ICON told me they couldn't help me and I need to bring it back to where I bought it, thank god I kept the reciept. After not having my brand new helmet for 2 months this time they finally issued a return in which the dealer allowed me to use the credit to buy a Shoei. I chose Shoei because I have owned one before my ICON experience and it was great!

After this rediculous fiasco I started looking at ICON's gear a little closer. If you really look at what you are getting for the money and what else is out there you will see that for your money you can get better quality gear for the same or lower price.

I admit that the ICON gear looks cool but I think people get so caught up in the design that they overlook the more important details like quality armor, good stitching, nice leather, and features like attachment zippers for riding pants which I use for track days.

There's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

ICON :boom

·
Did the wheel come up?
124 Posts
Icon helmets do fall apart,but the rest of the stuff
is pretty nice. I to have a shoei helmet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts