Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone will be able to indentify the year of this frame. Its supposed to be an 01 R1 frame. All of the body fits fine. But when I install the rear seat it doesn't line up with the lock catch mechanism. The lock is actually about an inch short.

·
Dazzle Dazzle Dazzle
279 Posts
Maybe it's my Firefox but I'm not seeing any picture.....

If you look at pictures of the different years you can tell by the number of welds usually. D-box has less welds as it progresses through the years.

Heres an open shot of what you should have.

Someone jump in if I'm right out of it.....

·
Your him...
753 Posts

If you look at pictures of the different years you can tell by the number of welds usually. D-box has less welds as it progresses through the years.

that picture is a frame of a 99 R1. I believe 99 R1 had the subframe built with the frame. Looks just like my old bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a difference in the rear sub-frames between a 98-99 or an 01? I have a another 01 and the sub is welded to the frame also. I think 02 was the first year they bolted them together.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Banned
31,510 Posts

lol, thats a 99 everywhere. including panels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.