Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing a 2007 yamaha r1. If im not mistaken they offered this year in charcoal: red/white: red/coal: then yamaha blue. Im really not certain though and I can't find solid information on this. I want to know if they are oem fairings before purchasing. The bike is three hours away

·
Super Moderator
24,628 Posts
They will have the part number on them. But there's no way to tell if someone has replaced them. Also 07 & 08 are the exact same, so the fairings could be 08 as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to upload the photos I have of it. There doesn't seem to be a yamaha badge on the tank. Do they all not have that badge on tank? And then yamaha on lower fairing? Doesn't have that either.

·
Super Moderator
24,628 Posts
No, the 07-08 r1 did not have any badge on the tank... that's only for special editions. 2006 r1 had a 50th anniversary special edition. Decals can be removed. Lots of people do this for a cleaner look.

·
Super Moderator
24,628 Posts
Those fairings are aftermarket. The 07-08 R1 did not come in white. What does the owner say about the fairings? Did you ask him?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those fairings are aftermarket. The 07-08 R1 did not come in white. What does the owner say about the fairings? Did you ask him?
The current owner may just not know any better, he claims to have bought it with 1900 miles and has put only 400 miles on it

·
Super Moderator
24,628 Posts
Only way those are oem is if they were professionally painted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to get more details tomorrow. The owner tells me that he purchased this from a friend who was injured in the coalmines with 1900 miles. So if he can still reach him as they are the only two owners, and neither can clarify about installing fairings or having oem painting, then something is up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hasn't been registered since 2010 he said, bought it to help friend out after accident. Seems to good to be true honestly, except for the fairings

·
Registered
780 Posts
Only way those are oem is if they were professionally painted.
This. They could be OEM fairings, but that is not an OEM color scheme. The red stripe on the wheel leads me to believe it was a Raven originally, though I'm not 100% on that. FWIW, my 07 came with badges on the tank.

·
Super Moderator
24,628 Posts
Not the badge I was talking about. Here's what I was talking about. Re-reading the OP posts. I think he does mean exactly what you are showing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm thinking of purchasing a 2007 yamaha r1. If im not mistaken they offered this year in charcoal: red/white: red/coal: then yamaha blue. Im really not certain though and I can't find solid information on this. I want to know if they are oem fairings before purchasing. The bike is three hours away
I have hem fairings and I repainted them a color I wanted. All fairings have markings on the back of them. 07/08 which I have has 5vy or 4c8 on every single piece. Not ABS.. 5VY or 4C8

1 - 17 of 17 Posts