Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R1...need i say more
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is an ignition advancer worth going for,and is it just "plug and play" .
My R1 has an akrapovic slip-on,KN-filter and a factory jet-kit.It dyno"ed 136 HP and has a great curve with no dips

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
You probably wont notice much with an advancer unless you are racing but they are cheap and it is cool to say you have one hehe but really not much difference I got better pull by removing the EXUP and tweaking the carbs but do not try this unless you have knowledge of the carbs and been there before,dont want to run it to lean and burn up a valve

·
R1 xTc
244 Posts
Sly is right.....

If your going to increase the compression and dial in the cam's, then fine. Otherwise you will not notice the differance.

You can buy a Yamaha race kit head gasket that is thinner increasing compression without the need for machining...............
:eek:

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
R1_Dave said:
You can buy a Yamaha race kit head gasket that is thinner increasing compression without the need for machining...............
:eek: [/B]
True or you can just remove one of the plates from the stock head gasket and accomplish the same thing. We have done it twice so far with no problems,mine is next:cool:

·
Oh Canabis
275 Posts
R1_Dave said:

:eek:
Mine should be in next week :rock

If anyone wants some now is the time. These are usually only available to racers and it's best to try to get them during the off season. I'll dig up the part # ......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts