Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
D BOSS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was asking some questions about the ignition module a few weeks ago, the question was do you notice the effect? and do you gain something with it? Well I have a full akra system, k&n, pcIII and now the module. I had my bike on the dyno before I tried it with the module and the fuel was perfect, so perfect fuel = perfect setting not any chance of gaining 1 bhp more. Then we tried the module, at first the bike was getting worse, I was going crazy, then after 2 hours on the dyno and the dyno guy changed the degrease 5 times something happen: +4 bhp at the back wheel + alot of acceleration, I was amazed. So the ignition module does effect not as I was told that you don't notice the effect, even the throttle becomes better. If you have a good dyno guy it's worth getting it I tell you guys.

·
Smokin Hot R1
78 Posts
The Dynojet Ignition Module uses direct coil driver technology and allows a high degree of timing adjustment. Not only can the user advance or retard the ignition curve based on a combination of throttle position and rpm, but now each cylinder can be tuned individually.

When using the Ignition Module, a special rev code can be obtained from Dynojet to allow the bike to 13,600 rpm in 6th gear. Currently the stock bike will only rev to 13,000 rpm in 6th gear. To obtain this code, fill out the Rev Xtend form on dynojet.com and note it with ?6th gear?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.