Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Gentlemen, After about 10 months of deliberating, gathering facts, visitng every sportbike forum, (getting black-balled from the Gixxer site for asking to many questions about other brands..you're not allowed to talk about other brands on there, ya know) Anyway I've also accumulated every magazine test from Europe to the USA, My wife thinks I have fried my brain from having my face glued to the computer every night before bed, I've actually had other motorcycle buddies over on a Friday night just so we could drink beer and discuss the pros and cons of each litre-bike for 2004. Going to any of these new bikes (from my current 929RR) will feel like I'm riding a ballistic missle, but I have to tell ya, The Yamaha R1 is just a beautiful bike with a serious engine, to boot! May not have quite the torque as the Gixxer or ZX-10, but it's got more than my 929, and even that bike pulls easy 2nd gear power wheelies. The Zx-10's got a powerhouse mill, but just a tad unpolished for my preference. GSXR, great bike, awesome torque, but unchanged for 04, and if I'm spending $11,000 I'd like some of that new technological bling-bling. The 2004 R1 is my final answer. I'll taker in Red or Silver!

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
well dude, sounds like you really over-thought the whole thing, but came to the right answer. :iamwithst

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
OMFG, are you serious??? Those guys wont let you talk about other brand motorcycles? Their ass's are so tight (or loose) that their affraid of the new bike competitivness thats out? Wow, didnt know gixxers were so small balled.

·
ccs#191
1,070 Posts
havnt sat on one yet , nor have i even seen one . Id never make my choice on a bike by magizine ads and dyno graphs .

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
OMFG, are you serious??? Those guys wont let you talk about other brand motorcycles? Their ass's are so tight (or loose) that their affraid of the new bike competitivness thats out? Wow, didnt know gixxers were so small balled.
Uh oh, I see IP raising hell on gixxer.com.....LOL Actually, where is XsursosiX when we need him?:lol :lol

·
Take me to your leader!
85 Posts
DUFFMAN said:
true red is a great color but the silver is sooo much faster.ever heard of a red bullit?:p
Uuuh... No I have'nt heard of a silver bullit. But a sillver bull"e"t.... perhaps!:2bitchsla the silver may be fast:bs But this dude seems to be a bit slower:lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts