Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Synopsis updated. Slight tweaks to appeal more to readers. Final touches are being put in place.

Marquis “Move Out” Mariolis had huge aspirations of using his athletic ability to change his life leaving behind his mischievous ways as a teen. With the help of his high school coach, Move Out began to mature into a distinguished young man. His entire life changed when a lie brought his world to a crashing halt. Although the truth eventually prevailed, the damage done to his life and goals set him on a new path. Obtaining influential guidance from those who learned from past mistakes, Move Out adapted to his new journey. As an adult, he developed even larger goals to ensure the youth from his community didn’t follow criminal ways. He sought to make a difference in his community and the world. Marquis built a hidden empire without the help of his extremely successful friends to offer them full deniability. His plan was to use the resources from his empire to witness his goals come to fruition. Move Out's ultimate goal was centered around getting the underprivileged to the upper echelon of motorcycle racing. While striving to make a difference, him and his five closest friends lived like tomorrow would never arrive. Throughout his journey, Move Out learned the best-laid plans can go awry even with the best intentions in mind.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Even with everything going on in the background...

The very first two published copies. Let's get it.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just wanted to let everyone know the my novel is published. Thanks for tuning in. I look forward to you reading a copy.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
If you like living in the fast lane while enjoying life to the fullest, pick up a copy of Six Gears.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You know, I am starting to appreciate people, especially people who I have limited contact with, more and more.

I'm getting feedback as people get into the book or they finally finish it. Being honest with myself as always, as well as the community, a bulk of the feedback is good, some is neutral, and there are some criticism points. For one, people say they can see the engineer in me coming through the book, and although it's not a horrible thing, it doesn't offer the smootest read as some seasoned writers.

On another note, people seem to enjoy the story line. I have been told that the characters are well developed, but somethings are a little different than the traditional format. I was told this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just not the norm.

I have been asked when is the sequel coming by a few, and one written review called the book a diamond in the rough.

For a first time novelist, I guess that isn't too bad.

One other thing, I did notice that reviews and outlooks toward characters' personality and the dialogue varied between people's sex/race/hobbies/lifestyle choices. This shows how some people think alike while others may have a different line of thinking even when these individuals don't know each other from a can of paint.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Can you sell it through Amazon so those of us outside the USA might stand a chance of getting a copy
Actually, I may have a solution for international shipping for a lot cheaper than what it's currently listed for. I'll update international shipping prices either today or tomorrow as soon as I confirm it.

Go to www.athypowersports.com to see the book for sale. It's under the shop tab.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Going to update pricing today for my international customers.

·
Just Me.
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
My apologies on the getting the pricing updated. I have what the new pricing should be, but I just have to get the weight confirmed.

There's no excuses in business, but I will ask for you all to pray for me. The delay was caused by a Ford F-150 plowing into the back on me this week. Between going to the hospital, and taking care of other matters in regard to the accident, my weekly schedule/plans were altered.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
9 Participants
StraightSuccess
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing