Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm finally able to sit up in front of my pewter at home. I was hit from the side by a blind old bitch on Nov. 10th. Was unconscious and flown to the hosp. Came out with 4 broken ribs on my right side. 2 broken ribs (1 and 2) at the vertabrae, with possible severed nerves. (my right hand is numb and cold as hell). Plus a broken toe (chipped bone). Short term memory loss, and my damn ears won't quit ringing. I came home today after 4hrs of MRI and CT. This is my first accident...this **** really sucks.

Luckily the old bitch is at fault. And she was ticketed. I have a good lawyer luckily too. When I get a chance I'll post some pics of my R1. I have previously posted pics of what it used to look like. I sure do miss her.

Its kinda funny, the cop told me that the first thing I said was "how is my bike". I don't remember any of it...But I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway its good to be alive and thank god for my Arai Quantum Helmet and Joe Rocket Leather, I had only one scrape on my Shin......

Later.

Dank.

OH, someone was asking about the PIC of my chic with the gun in the "what do you look like" thread. Your right it is an AR-15. A colt M4 version.
:crash

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quick!

I myself according to the nurse said "I dreamed about riding my motorcycle"... and I don't remember anything of that either. heheh :)

Get us pics .

Crappy when this stuff happens.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I said the same thing last time I crashed "How's my bike" it is strange how guys think huh? I hope you get well soon and think of it this way maybe a 2002 R1 hhhhhuummmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Glad you are alive dude ! Sucks it happend but I have to say you will (or should) be a rich man by the time your layer gets done with her... stick it to her, you deserve it !

Like Twisted said... '02 R1 are looking pretty sweet ! Heck, you can get one in every color now !.... Keep us posted on your recovery efforts.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sorry to hear about the collision.

Did you see her coming? What exactly happened? It's a good thing she missed your leg!

Last time I was hit I sued and got enough money for a new bike and then some. Looking back though I wish I had never been hit. The body never repaairs itself 100% and the older you get the more pains come to the surface.

BS

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ya am I gonna sue the hell out of her.

I only remember seeing the front corner of a car, then everything went black.

My buddy that was with me saw it unfold...

we we're traveling South on a 4 lane road (2 each dir.) I had just made it through the intersection going about 40mph. 5mph under the limit. This stupid whore comes hauling ass out of the gas station to get into the NorthBound lanes. She came from behind another car that was waiting I guess. So I never saw it coming.

And I'm going to fix my 01 and buy an 02 when I get my settlement. Then use my 01 for track only....and then some......:crash

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Sue her enough to afford sending me some cash HEHE! Just kidding ;)

Btw, the R1 that you crashed with.. it wasn't totalled? You can still use it?
Get us pics please.

Good that you're all right and can come and enlighten us about the situation. Sucks when a biker goes down..

·
slowest rider ..rides in front
1,148 Posts
cool that your bike is okay .. but most important of all you're still here with us :D ...

AR-15 .. that was me .. what make would you recommend for a AR-15?

From your pictures I take it you know your guns ..
what do you think of the HK USPs pistols ... was thinking about a HK USP compact 9mm .. I already own a Beretta 92 9mm and a 40. (my favorite hand gun)

not sure but are HK MP5-k civillian legal?

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'll post pics of my crashed unit next week....

Solo: for an AR-15 I would either get a COLT or a BUSHMASTER I've owned also ASA and Eagle Arms. However, my COLT and BUSH are the best , never had a problem with either. Thats just my experiance.

As far as pistols go, I am a 100% believer in a GLOCK, theres no bull**** levers and bells and whistles that have to be pushed, pulled, switched , or activated in order to fire the gun. Then again it all depends on what you want your gun for. If its defense, then go with the Glock, cause they are reliable as hell and ready to go with just a pull of the trigger. A NO BULLSH!T handgun.

JMHO

Solo : what is the "k" model your referring too. I believe you can own any small arms, as long as you pass the background check.

good luck.

dank

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I always dread coming on here and seeing a post like this. When it was Swedie that it happened to, I remember I refused to look at the pictures of his wrecked bike. Not cause the bike, but because that "what if" kept running through my mind.
Dank, I'm so glad you are around. You've got some nasty injuries that will take some time to mend. But from looking at you on that thread, "what do you look like", you are in physically great shape, which will help you recover faster.
As usual, a damn motorist was at fault. The crazy bi*ch shoots out from behind another car who is sitting there waiting to pull out of a gas station?? What a shame you weren't driving a semi.
I'm glad you can fix your bike. I liked seeing her around here. :) I am posting a picture of her so the newer members can see who she is.
We found a smiley just for you and added it to the forum. Can you guess which one it is??
:machinegu :machinegu :machinegu :machinegu

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Accidents

Dank,

All I can say is find the best lawyer possible, and make sure he's out for your interest, not his own. Most guys now will make you cover no up-front costs. You will only pay once a settlement is reached. But always get three opinions before deciding on who you're going to have represent you. Most lawyers offer a free one hour consultation so they can review your case.

Just make sure your lawyer does not have the same problem that that woman who hit you had:

8,466 Posts
Hey Dank...

Glad 2 C ur ok and back on the forum. This same type of accident happend 2 my gf's brother. He just had surgery 2 weeks ago on his shoulder and is gonna collect a fat sum of loot I am sure. I hope you feel better and recuperate ASAP. TTYL:D

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
I just read about your crash the first time today. Sorry to hear about, and that you were seriously injured. I'm thankful your injuries aren't more serious. RE the driver at fault that hit you, is she really that much of a bitch, or was it purely accidental on her part and she shows regret for the harm she caused you?

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,127 Posts
I'm trying to find out what happened. Is there a way to search for threads started by a person?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts