Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Signed an R1S last Thursday, it will be a racebike build. Got fairings, flash tune, exhaust and Öhlins goodies on order. Went with the S because my tuner said because of the heavier crank it will be easier to ride at max hp.

Had 3 Panigales before, wonder how this will go....

·
O'Gradys Paint
1,290 Posts
Hi everyone,

Signed an R1S last Thursday, it will be a racebike build. Got fairings, flash tune, exhaust and Öhlins goodies on order. Went with the S because my tuner said because of the heavier crank it will be easier to ride at max hp.

Had 3 Panigales before, wonder how this will go....
At least you're not welding weight to your crank to dumb down the power and delivery...

·
Collector
1,018 Posts
Inside the engine, titanium connecting rods and valve spring caps are replaced with steel on the R1S. This dropped the redline from 14,000 to 12,500. <<<< Not a good thing for a track bike.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
Inside the engine, titanium connecting rods and valve spring caps are replaced with steel on the R1S. This dropped the redline from 14,000 to 12,500. <<<< Not a good thing for a track bike.
i was going to say, didnt they drop the REdline!??? uhhmmm easier on the engine at high rpm? cause it has less modern technology thrown at it and cant even hit 14k rpm? :hammer: :nono:

At least you're not welding weight to your crank to dumb down the power and delivery...
yeh you're right, its probably missing about 9lbs :lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
No quickshifter either and heavier wheels....not that you cant add it but hey for 2g more its a no brainer get the regular r1...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
Millers has the 2016 R1S for $12999 and the 2016 R1 for $14,500. For that little difference it really is a no brainer. I just can not see Yamaha selling many R1S's. Maybe when there are year end left overs and are marked down to $10,000.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
For that little difference it really is a no brainer. I just can not see Yamaha selling many R1S's.
it may not sell well in the USA where price difference between the two is so little, but in other markets/ countries the asking price is already up in the stratosphere so your average joe is likely wanting to save a few bucks, specially when you consider cost of insurance is usually higher in those markets as well... This is the situation here in Canada, the R1s will do well up here :yesnod

·
Speed Junkie!
367 Posts
Unless the OP is an expert lever rider at the track he won't even notice the difference.
99% of us will never utilize all the benefits of the R1 much less the R1S.

I'm buying the R1 next month and I know there will be guys on older R6's flying by me on the track.

·
O'Gradys Paint
1,290 Posts
Unless the OP is an expert lever rider at the track he won't even notice the difference.
99% of us will never utilize all the benefits of the R1 much less the R1S.

I'm buying the R1 next month and I know there will be guys on older R6's flying by me on the track.
Why make your argument...then go and buy an R1 instead of an S? Are you an expert level rider that will notice the difference?
....cause 99% of us...

·
Speed Junkie!
367 Posts
Why make your argument...then go and buy an R1 instead of an S? Are you an expert level rider that will notice the difference?
....cause 99% of us...

Not making an argument here (if you know the difference).
I'm simply making a point that there is probably not much of a difference for the OP in terms of track day riding.

No where in my previous post did I mention that I'm an expert rider.
Why beat up on the OP? If he wants to buy an S then that's his choice.

So many keyboard warriors out here these days.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
21 Participants
BPr1s
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing