Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m getting a 22 r1 in august and I’m curious if I put a slip on on I know I don’t “need” a tune but I’d like one . What and where should I look for that? Ecu flash? Power commander? Dyno?

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
1,212 Posts
Just a slip on shouldn't need too much unless a cat delete as well. Then you want to tweak the AFR.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
474 Posts
So I’m getting a 22 r1 in august and I’m curious if I put a slip on on I know I don’t “need” a tune but I’d like one . What and where should I look for that? Ecu flash? Power commander? Dyno?
I have a '20, and I did BT Moto flash with 1/2 exhaust. I ran the flash with stock exhaust for a couple of months and it was a great improvement. After removing cat for track and using 2nd flash (you get 2 with BT Moto device) it is even better (y)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most people won’t tell you this or agree, but flashing sucks unless you’re getting a custom tune specially for your bike written into your ECU. Those off the shelf flashes they sell people with x y or z mod are absolute garbage. Folks that tell you otherwise are mostly getting some sort of placebo effect.
Power commander for the me, always. Or get something with an auto tune, which PC also has as an additional module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts