Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in florida its pretty bad, but here in tampa area its really bad. friend after friend gone. deaths every other day. its never ending. and they all die the same way. some old **** pulls out in front of them and thier gone.

last friday nite thomas, the guy who started the tuck and roll boyz was ran over. he was with a few friends. one of them was skiing and thomas was in front. his buddy hit a reflector and went down, he didnt know that he went down and kept going. all of his friends stopped and he was all alone. few seconds later a 56 year old lady pulled out in front of him and now he's dead.

saturday nite an old **** pulled out in front of two riders, they werent speeding. one dead the other has a broken wrist and thumb.

2 more riders the week before are gone and another the week prior. this isnt even the full list. murder after murder and you know what? these old ****s get a slap on the wrisk "ok now dont do that again!" and they are on thier way. their murderers and they get away with it every ****ing time i cant take this shit anymore.

why dont they do something about this? all they have to do is make strictor dmv laws on age limits and eye tests and they refuse to do so. im now down to riding two times a week only in large groups. i fear my time will be up just like thiers soon enough. why wont anyone step up to the plate and do something about it? nobody listens to us...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep, it's tough to be a minority...you gotta be so super careful driving in the city it ruins the fun...On such a small machine, amongst the steel cagers, ANYTHING happens...you lose...be careful...

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
Take it off the street...put it on the track. That's what im doing, too many dangers and risks for me to be on the street.
:fact The street is not the place for most of us. I am thankful that I found out how much fun trackdays are.

Also, AARP is a very large voting body, I think the largest in the country, so don't hold your breath on law changes.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
623 Posts
Also being in FL, the retirement capital of the world, is no help here. I agree, there should be an age where mandatory yearly driving tests are required, or stiffer penalties on the deadly accidents.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I rarely ride on the street cause of that..... Track is much safer.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
if you ride the street, gotta be ready for anything to happen at anytime.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
stricter laws would help, but the laws are passed mostly by the masses or tolerated by the masses. We are the minority :( It is sad though. It's gut wrenching when we get people requesting invoices for the insurance companies for a fallen family member. Ride safe out there guys...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry to hear that...i try and keep away from city riding, but you have to remember most car drivers can not see you. If i come to oncoming traffic turning right i use the high beams.

·
Humble Pastafarian
2,937 Posts
Old people vote, it's really that simple and so long as they do and AARP and it's ilk exist nothing is going to change.
I'm very sorry to hear about your friends, I lost one of my best friends to an idiot soccer mom in a minivan full of kids and on her cell phone who "did not see him" as she rear ended him at 65 to 70mph. She got nothing for killing him..... It was just "accident", f*cken bitch. Sorry now I'm venting..

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
amen to that. Already done that, those who want to keep learning and not get into trouble, should do same.
I second that.
Its more fun too!
I get to ride as fast as I want, there are people there who are serious about it to ride with, and I get to take the family along so they can enjoy it with me.

It's the smarter way to do it. :fact

But I still ride on the road too. :2bitchsla

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Old people vote, it's really that simple and so long as they do and AARP and it's ilk exist nothing is going to change.
I'm very sorry to hear about your friends, I lost one of my best friends to an idiot soccer mom in a minivan full of kids and on her cell phone who "did not see him" as she rear ended him at 65 to 70mph. She got nothing for killing him..... It was just "accident", f*cken bitch. Sorry now I'm venting..

kind of makes you want to take the law in your own hands doesnt it?!?!

i love trackdays dont get me wrong, but who the hell can afforrd to go thier regularly?!? not to mention the 4 hour drive to jennings...its not feasable for me to just do trackdays and no street.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Florida is becoming a dangerous to ride in especially around the metro areas. Just watch your back and ride like people don't see you.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yep, we're just getting into our prime riding season, same time as all the snowbirds are coming down to spend the winter here. It's no substitute for defensive driving but I've put HID's in the low beams and I've not had a single close encounter since. I do drive like everyone is going to run me over and I actually spend more time riding at night. FAR fewer cars on the road in my area. And please, wear your damn gear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.