Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
1/4 mile in X.XX seconds?
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You Can Start On Any Bike You Want You Can Crash On A 1cc As Well As A 1400cc You Have To Respect The Bike And Know The Bike Is Only Going To Go As Fast As You Make It.....if You Dont Know How To Ride Period Thats A Different Story But If You Take The Class And Het Atleast The Basics Down And Respect The Bike You Will Be Fine Unless You Are Just Careless And Dont Respect The Bike Then You Probably Shouldnt Have A Bike At All...i Started On A 600 I Only Did That Cause Thats What I Got Apoved For As Far As A Loan But If I Hade The Extra 1500 They Was Asking To Get The 1000 I Would Have Gotten It And On The Same Point I Rode My Friends 1000 All The Time Before I Got My Bike And After The Bike

Stop Telling People That They Need To Start On Small Bikes When You Dont Know The Person From Adam

Just Something That Gets On My Nerves When I See This On The Forum Every Other Day....

Imo.... My .02 Or Whatever

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Yeah right. Like I would have given my wife who is a very smart person my R1 and say " have at it". No because smart people know they don't need a bike like that to start out on. For those who don't, well we are here for their lack of a conscious and common sense.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Can we just close this thread now?

·
Stay Fly 3-6Mafia
1,402 Posts
:lol :lol So when you take the class what size bike do they instruct you on? Come on think think...

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can we just close this thread now?
Yeah right. Like I would have given my wife who is a very smart person my R1 and say " have at it". No because smart people know they don't need a bike like that to start out on. For those who don't, well we are here for their lack of a conscious and common sense.

thats exactklly the reason she should be able to get on a big bike and be fine if she has the bascis of riding and you said she is a smart person and i guess she is also responsible then she should be fine i mean shit happens regardless its not like the powers that be will say ok she made a crucial mistake in riding but since she is on a 600 i wont let her crash or ill just give a couple scraps and bruises since she started on a 600 like she is supposed to it doesnt happen like that my ex girlfriend and no she is not dead we just broke up started on and still rides a haybusa and rides it like a bike should be ridden and if you sleep on her skills she will crush you on the highway so like i said its all about the person being responsible respecting the bike cause it wont go any faster than you make it

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Your argument would be read easier if you used proper grammar and punctuation. You quoted what I said and wrote something...of which I gave up reading after about one line.

Tell ya what, lets agree to disagree. I'll recommend what I think is a safe way to learn to ride to other people...and you can be a douche and tell them to ride a Kawi ZX14R.

·
Sup
17,456 Posts

thats exactklly the reason she should be able to get on a big bike and be fine if she has the bascis of riding and you said she is a smart person and i guess she is also responsible then she should be fine i mean shit happens regardless its not like the powers that be will say ok she made a crucial mistake in riding but since she is on a 600 i wont let her crash or ill just give a couple scraps and bruises since she started on a 600 like she is supposed to it doesnt happen like that my ex girlfriend and no she is not dead we just broke up started on and still rides a haybusa and rides it like a bike should be ridden and if you sleep on her skills she will crush you on the highway so like i said its all about the person being responsible respecting the bike cause it wont go any faster than you make it

Look at it this way. You're not going to get a 16yr old kid a viper for their first car. No it's going to be something more subtle less powerfull.

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,030 Posts
It's not about being "smart" it's about skills which is something you pick up. And it's also not about being to refrain from doing something since you are more likely to do it if you can. So if you have a bigger bike you're more likely to do things that will get you in trouble no matter how much you "want" to behave.

Now please go turn in your license to speak.

·
Shane loves........me
10,198 Posts

:dundun:

·
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol :lol So when you take the class what size bike do they instruct you on? Come on think think...
depends on what class you take cause there is class where you have to bring your own bike....
and also would you by 12000 dollar bikes for hundreds of people to drop and mishandle on a daily basis.....
and i didnt say that everyone should start on a 1000 i said responsible people with sense i was saying that some people o here tell people know without knowing them from adam and its just completely out of the question

·
7,030 Posts

·
7,030 Posts
1 - 20 of 156 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.