Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Recreational adrenaline user
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a couple-month-long quest for the perfect suit, I finally decided on the suit that I couldn't get out of my head (even though it was about double my budget), the RS Taichi GP-WRX 303.

I had to come on here and rant and rave about this suit because I love this thing. Furthermore, during my research while preparing to buy, I noticed that RS Taichi seems to have a big following on some forums but not in others, so I thought I'd spread some of the love around here!

I now have two RS Taichi riding jackets and the suit, and I love this stuff. My suit looks :boobies, fits perfectly, and has a ton of stretch panels and perforation making it extremely comfortable. I broke it in on one canyon ride, and was on the track a week later, wearing the thing all day long with no complaints.

Some observations about the fit: you should be somewhere between skinny and athletically built to wear RS Taichi, there is NO room for any extra weight in these things. If you are in shape it will look tailor-made though, and the stretch panels and extensive Keprotec help accomplish that.

I'm 6'2"/215 and maxed out in 48/58, which is the largest size they make in this suit. I'd say RST fits about a size small in girth, length is perfect. If you are bigger than me, they do make a 50/60, but not in this model (instead it is the GPX S-207, the suit that is a step down from this one.)

Check out some pics:

My riding jacket now is the RSJ-826, and I can't say enough good things about that jacket either. It ships with a nice Knox back protector, and all the hard armor fits like a glove. Tons of perf and stretch, just like the suit, and it comes with a wind-blocking liner as well. And yes I have two (I ride in the dirty one; the clean one is for sale! :sneaky)

Lastly, I want to give a big thanks to Jason at STG for helping me make this purchase happen. Told you I'd write a review eventually! They really know their stuff at STG and I can't recommend them enough.

·
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure all of their leather jackets do. Can't say anything as far as their textile gear.

When I called to buy an armor upgrade for my jacket, Jason told me there really wasn't any need because the jacket came with a high quality piece already.

·
My R1 thinks she's a Twin
847 Posts
Love the RS TAICHI gear too. I have the new white GMX G-Motion jacket and I love it! Your suit is the exact same model on my hit list so thanks to the review!
Mike

·
I like to Ride
565 Posts
COPY CAT!!! LOL J/K Looks like we have the same taste in bad-ass suits. Just don't come 'round here in Texas wearing it or people may confuse you as me hahahahaha

·
Registered
841 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of this company...they look good. I may have to check em out! Thanks for the review :thumb up:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Love the RS TAICHI gear too. I have the new white GMX G-Motion jacket and I love it! Your suit is the exact same model on my hit list so thanks to the review!
Mike
I don't have a GMX Motion but I really want one! That would complete my RS Taichi collection (yeah right, like our gear collections are ever complete :lol)

Tempting. Maybe I'll sell one of my Dainese jackets and buy one of those.
I really like Dainese gear, its top notch. I'd say Taichi is on par with it in terms of quality and functionality, but totally different in terms of design (almost like comparing a Yamaha with a Ducati...I love both.)

COPY CAT!!! LOL J/K Looks like we have the same taste in bad-ass suits. Just don't come 'round here in Texas wearing it or people may confuse you as me hahahahaha

Nice! You have good taste my friend. :thumbup

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I hope it convinces some of you to try it out because its awesome gear. Just hope nobody around me starts rocking Taichi cause so far I'm enjoying being unique. :cool:

·
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jump on it before the free gloves promo ends :secret:

BTW how's your bike coming back together dude?

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
great fitting suits. tried one on at motoliberty...perfect fit. too bad the price gave me a heartattack :lol

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Taichi is amazing. I have their GMX motion jacket as well as a mesh jacket of their's, and mesh, cold weather gloves. I trust their gear based on how well my friend fared after his wreck wearing the same jacket that I have now. I plan to purchase the pants to match my jacket for when I decide to do track events.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nice thread! Glad that fit worked out for you, I was pretty sure it would. You look pretty official out there. That suit should get you at least a couple seconds faster.......

That suit promo went very well for us. I expect to see plenty of fresh new Taichi suits out there this year. They've got some awesome riders in AMA too!

Do all of their jackets come with knox back protectors?
Not all of them. Most of the higher end stuff comes with the Knox TP2 aka Knox Part 46 drop in back protector. Some of their textile gear has the same piece (like the Armed High Protection Mesh) and some just have a soft foam insert in them.

When I called to buy an armor upgrade for my jacket, Jason told me there really wasn't any need because the jacket came with a high quality piece already.
Yep, literally the same Knox piece people buy as an upgrade for other brands.

Tempting. Maybe I'll sell one of my Dainese jackets and buy one of those.
ext. 210!

This is the first time I've heard of this company...they look good. I may have to check em out! Thanks for the review :thumb up:
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=RS+Taichi+|+RS+Taichi+Suits+|+Gloves+|+Jackets

Be careful, their stuff is extremely addicting. They have SO much cool gear in their catalog.

I've been looking at that suit :sing:

:hammer:
Two more days for the Free Gloves promo. Hit me up man!

·
Yamahaaa!!
388 Posts
Definitely a cult develops with this stuff... I ordered a RST jacket like the OP's. Can't wait to get it. Showed my buddy the pic who wears a pretty nice Dainese jacket, now he wants an RST one. Gear is almost as addicting as the bikes.

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,037 Posts
I am fan. Love my gmx motion 2 piece.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts