Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,037 Posts
I'm jealous, that thing is bad! :rock

Did you just pick it up?
Thanks..picked it up last year. Wore that thing out all season and it still looks and feels brand new. You get what you pay for..

I love your suit but I wanted 2 piece for convenience.

·
My R1 thinks she's a Twin
847 Posts
I have the White GMX Jacket and wanted to get some matching pants but none of them look like they really match the jacket. Any suggestions guys? Anyone made a 2pc with the White jacket? pics if you have, Cheers.
Mike

·
Recreational adrenaline user
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Thanks..picked it up last year. Wore that thing out all season and it still looks and feels brand new. You get what you pay for..

I love your suit but I wanted 2 piece for convenience.
Yeah, I debated getting the same 2-piece for the same reason, but a number of people steered me toward a 1-piece for the track. I'd still really like to have it though, just to feed my gear addiction. :lol

I'm thinking about buying these Taichi pants to make a 2-piece out of. I don't think I need the sliders because I really don't intend to ever drag knee on the street. Sliders look silly off the track IMO.

·
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have the White GMX Jacket and wanted to get some matching pants but none of them look like they really match the jacket. Any suggestions guys? Anyone made a 2pc with the White jacket? pics if you have, Cheers.
Mike
Yes, there are some new GMX pants that are partially white. I wouldn't wan't all white ones anyway, they'd just get dirty and look like hell. I like these because there is enough white to complete the look, but plenty of black to contrast it and make it look cleaner than it is, lol.

·
My R1 thinks she's a Twin
847 Posts
Yep, i saw these and they will probably be the ones i end up going with but that jacket is real white man. I almost wish i had gon for the black and red instead but that would have ment three black jackets in my collection and i felt tha was too much lol. I may just end up wearing it with my Sartso kevlars as i'm thinking that its so long in the torso, it may look weird connected to a pair of pants. It just seems to be slightly longer than all of my other jackets.
Mike

Yes, there are some new GMX pants that are partially white. I wouldn't wan't all white ones anyway, they'd just get dirty and look like hell. I like these because there is enough white to complete the look, but plenty of black to contrast it and make it look cleaner than it is, lol.

·
22 is too many...
13,185 Posts
Awesome info brotha, I have never had or fitted one before but am in the the market. This info helps a ton as I am your same size and this is one of the suits im looking at. Thanks for posting up.:)

·
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awesome info brotha, I have never had or fitted one before but am in the the market. This info helps a ton as I am your same size and this is one of the suits im looking at. Thanks for posting up.:)
Cool man, if you go with the Taichi you won't regret it. Either the 303 or the 207, both are awesome but if the 48/58 ends up fitting snug the 207 comes in a 50/60. I was right on the edge, so you might try both to get the perfect fit.

This is the 207 just for comparison:

Went riding today in my Taichi jacket and damn that things flows air! It was high 60s and sunny but I was actually kinda cold. Taichi leather flows just like mesh and thats no exaggeration!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have some RS Taichi GMX pants Black/Silver with yellow knee pucks for sale NEW, never worn, fits size 34-36 waist if your interested or anyone else on the forum. I had these on eBay but didn't sell. I purchased these off the rack from a store in SF but bought a suite later. Pants are new and never worn, current model. New $439......asking $380. PM if your interested. I have plenty of photos. Might try them on eBay again.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
22 is too many...
13,185 Posts
Cool man, if you go with the Taichi you won't regret it. Either the 303 or the 207, both are awesome but if the 48/58 ends up fitting snug the 207 comes in a 50/60. I was right on the edge, so you might try both to get the perfect fit.

This is the 207 just for comparison:

Went riding today in my Taichi jacket and damn that things flows air! It was high 60s and sunny but I was actually kinda cold. Taichi leather flows just like mesh and thats no exaggeration!
Awesome, Thank you.:bow

21 - 32 of 32 Posts