1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Live Life To the Fullest
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kyle Thomas Jackson
Midlothian, Virginia
Rip- June 16, 2004

He was my best friend since the 3rd grade. He died at the age of 17 on a Red 2004 R1 1 weeks after graduation from high school. He had his motto tatooed on his back "Live Life to the fullest." I miss him and will never forget! This is him on his R6 that he got when he was 16. He let another friend ride it and it was wrecked which gave him the opportunity to get the R1. He was heading down Winterfield Rd in Midlothian, VA and passed a cop going about 100mph and then dusted the cop. Up ahead was a mini van that was in the road and saw the cop with its lights on and just stopped in the middle of the road. Kyle was going about 150mph and couldnt slow down in time. He hit the mini van at about 90mph. Now most of our group has streetbikes....2 R1's a CBR 954, and a Ninja 600 and we are all about 20 and do ride fast and take risks but if we dont loose a cop right away..we WONT run. We dont want our friends death to be worthless so we all learned from his mistake and maybe other riders will too. We really miss our friend and hope everyone on bikes out there are safe.

Attachments

·
Alchohaulin ass
5,330 Posts
RIP
My best friend died and it has made me less human

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
RIP :( Its dangerous enough just riding on the street, and running from cops is outright stupid. Hope this thread helps someone.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Now most of our group has streetbikes....2 R1's a CBR 954, and a Ninja 600 and we are all about 20 and do ride fast and take risks but if we dont loose a cop right away..we will now run. We dont want our friends death to be worthless so we all learned from his mistake and maybe other riders will too.

I dont' understand that part righ there...you run now because he ran and died?

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
RIP :(
I ride down through the Midlothian Turnpike every now and then and I might have seen you guys before. Sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers go out for him and his family.

·
Administrator
30,475 Posts
I started out editing some of the replies to your fallen friend that where dissin' YOU running from the cops and removing them but I'm sure they are just gonna keep roling in...

Honor his passing and your own family in the appropriate and respectful way :fact

Don't put your own family through what Kyle's is since they have to live there daily lives without him. Out of respect for Kyle if this thread gets out of hand I'll close or remove it. Don't end up like him AFASTZ28!!!

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
SpidermanSS said:
I started out editing some of the replies to your fallen friend that where dissin' YOU running from the cops and removing them but I'm sure they are just gonna keep roling in...

Honor his passing and your own family in the appropriate and respectful way :fact

Don't put your own family through what Kyle's is since they have to live there daily lives without him. Out of respect for Kyle if this thread gets out of hand I'll close or remove it. Don't end up like him AFASTZ28!!!
:iamwithst

I can respect that, and I hate reading posts about someone dying, but I was just wondering, more or less if he meant to say it that way.

Sorry Spidy...:(

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
+1

Rip to your friend and condolences to his friends and family.

Please though learn from his mistakes and ride safely :(

·
Raider Hater Hater
917 Posts
SpidermanSS said:

I respect that as well...

RIP Kyle...

·
Live Life To the Fullest
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My bad. I meant we will not run! Trust me...I got pulled on Hull street doing around 140 by a state trooper but he let me go since i didnt run. I know and I am carefull and will save the speed for the track. Thank You all for your replies. If anyone in Virginia is trying to go riding you should send me a pm. I am going up the the blue ridge this weekend. Kyles mom has moved to Texas, has a new house, job, and is going back to school. It took her a little over 1 year to calm down. She was smoking and drinking and I am glad to see that she has recovered and plan to go visit over the summer.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
AFASTZ28 said:
If anyone in Virginia is trying to go riding you should send me a pm.
:thumbup will do!!!

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
my sympathy goes out to his friends and family

·
:-)
9,483 Posts
I'm so sorry about your friend---- RIP-----I had two friends who died while riding....one got taken out by another rider who was riding over his head, and the other died from a head on with a truck who crossed over the line on a two lane highway....it really sucks to lose someone like that, especially so young-----my thoughts and prayers are with you and his family

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.